Make up brush set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz

Reaction score
HI All,

Does anyone know where i can get a nice make up brush set please? I want to buy my mum one for christmas, i tried the body shop as they have some nice brushes but they only do mini sets.

Thank you

Superdrug, Boots, John Lewis? All the stores have their gift sets out for Xmas.

What's your budget?

Do you want a full set of brushes (13-17) or only most-used (7-10)?

What's your budget?

Do you want a full set of brushes (13-17) or only most-used (7-10)?

Thanks for the replies.
I'm not sure what you mean by the numbers, as i don't do make up, but i'm guessing the mostly used ones would be better. I'd like to spend about £25-30 on it.

What do you want to use them for? clients or yourself?

I got mine from ebay ( i know ppl dont like ebay but there you go, i'm obessed by it) it cost £10 and has 21 brushes in it. I had to really wash them when i got them but i think they're fab!

Woolies have some brush sets, with makeup,they seem ok, but wouldnt know until i seen them close up!

I've been to Boots today and they had a huge selection of Make-up brushes and mani/pedi sets.

The brushes ranged from £5 - £20 depending on how fancy the packaging was and how many brushes it had in it.

Marlise

I don't know what's available to you in the UK (I'm in the southern US) but here's my take:

I've tried my share of brushes from various lines, I can tell you Crown Brushes (supposed to be a major supplier to high-end makeup lines and professionals) shed horribly for me and the brushes from Bare Escentuals makeup line are awful as well- evertime I use one a bristle sheds onto my face! Stila brushes are OK, I don't like the texture (the hardness) of the eye brushes though :/

The best I have ever tried are the Sephora Professional brush line from Sephora.
Here is a link: Professional Make Up Brushes & Make Up Applicators at Sephora

They have never shed a hair and feel perfectly soft for application and blending. I have had the Slim Essentials set for a few years and with regular gentle washes they are as good as the day I bought them!
Plus some of the sets are so cute for a gift, like the pink Tweed one, just beware that looking online doesn't always give a good idea of the size, some of the sets are smaller than others but those say "mini" I think.

S

Thanks for the replies.
I'm not sure what you mean by the numbers, as i don't do make up, but i'm guessing the mostly used ones would be better. I'd like to spend about £25-30 on it.

You don't have to 'know' makeup....I was talking about how many brushes there are in a set.

You won't get professional quality brushes for 25-30 pounds, so my advice would be to go to places such as woolies or the like (as stated above!).

hth

Found this set at M&S ... Per Una ... £12.00

virgin vie brushes are good as are body shop ( i know you mentioned they are just selling mini ones at the mo). art deco also do make up brushes, i havnt tried these yet so cant comment! hope you find some xx

a few yrs ago i got a brush set and case for my sister from MAC they do season sets at crimbo

in my own brush selection... i have MAC, Benefit, Pout, Sephora brushes as well as i think the odd extra... the price of each individual brush varies from £5 to abt £25 .... its taken me a few yrs to build up... but like my l&p, gel & design brushes,.... you can never have too many!....lol

Jess
xox

You don't have to 'know' makeup....I was talking about how many brushes there are in a set.

You won't get professional quality brushes for 25-30 pounds, so my advice would be to go to places such as woolies or the like (as stated above!).

hth

Oh ok sorry i must have been having a blonde moment! I thought you meant that different types of brushes may have numbers (like the nail brushes do) The body shop brushes are good quality, maybe i will just buy them all singly then buy a nice case/pouch to put them in.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for all your replies.

I guess its just a case of looking around to see what i find. I am going to a virgin vie party next week so will have a look then, & i will definately look in M&S, (thanks for the pic noodle) i like the pouch they come in from M&S, its a really nice color!

dont you have any bodyshop consultants in your area hun ?
you could always host a bodyshop party and if your party sales are high enough ,you get lots of rewards ,you could choose brushes !!!!!!...

try pm ing lancslass and see if she can help you find out how to find a consultant in your area ,if you are interested ..shes a little love !

dont you have any bodyshop consultants in your area hun ?
you could always host a bodyshop party and if your party sales are high enough ,you get lots of rewards ,you could choose brushes !!!!!!...

try pm ing lancslass and see if she can help you find out how to find a consultant in your area ,if you are interested ..shes a little love !

Thanks for that, i'm not sure if i have one in my area, although there is a body shop in my local town, so i could always ask them, i never thought of that! The body shop brushes are really nice too, just wish they done them in a set!

Latest posts

Back