Make Up & Brushes - What do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I am quite new on this site and althoguh I have spend literally hours looking, I cannot find info on what make up brushes people use?

I recently opened my salon within my Auntie's hair salon, and I have a lot of make up treatments to do before Christmas, Istill have not parted with my money as there are so many make up companies and the same for brushes. Who do you recommend and what do you look for?

Any helpful tips would be really appreciated.

Carly x:lol:

I don't do much makeup now but i used to use the body shop brushes. Nice for application, a brush for all applications and they wash time after time and dry like new. HTH.

My brushes are a mixture - majority from MAC, some from Benefit, some from Crown, some from Boots, some from Tesco! I don't go by make of brush, I go by quality - you can tell from the look and feel of a brush what sort of job it's going to do.

My professional kit is much the same - the best products from lots of different brands.

Do you have any notes from your makeup training, as they might help you further? Which makeup and brushes did you use whilst training?

Hello,

With my college training, we only used a basic "Simply Beautiful Cosmetics" brand, I think that was the make. The brushes were not great at all.... Just don't want to go buying a load of make up and brushes and then realised they are rubbish. I have quite a few make up treatments to do just before christmas and a few are teenagers and a few are adults, so a mixtue really...

Any tips would be helpful

Carly x

My brushes are a mixture - majority from MAC, some from Benefit, some from Crown, some from Boots, some from Tesco! I don't go by make of brush, I go by quality - you can tell from the look and feel of a brush what sort of job it's going to do.

My professional kit is much the same - the best products from lots of different brands.

Do you have any notes from your makeup training, as they might help you further? Which makeup and brushes did you use whilst training?

I got my brush kit from Make Up International, bit more expensive but they last you a lifetime!!

Japonesque are quite good, MAC and MAC Pro I use :green:

i use a mixture of mac and screenface brushes there quite good and they will last you ages

Mine are also mainly MAC & MAC PRO. I have a few Body Shop & Bare Escentuals as well.

S

i use body shop brushes, started off as a consultant, but i'm not one any more so i don't think i'm biased, the brushes really are lovely if you're in a hurry you can get a full roll on e-bay for under £50, i know 'e-bay' is like swearing on here but as a consultant you end up getting new sets as rewards so you quite often have a spare set xx

I think it's always a good idea to actually try the brushes themselves rather than take other people's words for them because what suits them might not suit you.

After trial and error I ended up with Jane Iredale brushes. I like their mixes and they guarantee that no animal is harmed as a source of the hair for their natural hair brushes.

You can get a trade price and if you're using them for work they are a tax deductible expense.

Brushes and Sponges. Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics - The Skin Care Makeup - All Natural Micronized Minerals.

Jane Iredale are a fantastic make-up company & i agree their brushes are grest for make-up application i'd definitely recommend them

i love my bodyshop makeup brushes, they are fab

but also one of clients bought me a set of brushes from sallys which are great too

I used to use Mac and Body Shop brushes which were great but i found this new site Professional Makeup Brushes & Step by Step Booklet who sell brill brushes. I bought some about 6 months ago and they still look brand new! All natural hair and you get "how to" booklet too and makeup bag and brush roll. Brilliant for only £90. Hope this helps! Kate

Latest posts

Back