make up brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hi there
a quick question for those of you who do make-up (or anyonelse that might know)
I have recently started to use a foundation brush and I was wondering how do you clean it - do you do it after every use and if so what in?

just wash the brushes in hot soapy waterif you use sponges i was them in hot water then put them in a tub with water and milton to steralize them. hth

i use dettol anti bacterial hand wash (the moistising one - clear bottle, white product) its smells lush!
just give them a good wash then rinse them through to make sure you have all the bubbles out, give them a little squeeze to get rid of excess water, then lay them on some kitchen towel to air dry naturally.
best not to put them over a radiator as this can warp the wood in the handle (if your handles are wood!!!!)
make sure when you lay them out all the bristles are in place as this will keep application nice and easy next time you use the brushes

xx

If you have one make up after another then I would suggest using a hairdryer to get brushes dry, not everyone can afford more than one set of brushes as the really good quality ones are pretty expensive.HTH

I use " Brush Off " on mine. Its a spray designed for make up brushes, i buy mine from Ellisons. Spray it on then brush off ! It probably takes 5 mins max to dry after that :)

This sounds good but does it really kill all the germs?

This sounds good but does it really kill all the germs?

Yes i hope so !

This is whats wrote on the bottle;

Makeup brushes should be cleaned regularly to avoid bacteria growth & to prevent buildup. Brush off in a new pump spray offers an effective & convenient olution for those with limited time.
  • Cleans, conditions and renews.
  • Dries in minutes.
  • Reccommended for natural bristles
Then the rest of the info is directions & that theres 200 applications.

Yes i hope so !

This is whats wrote on the bottle;

Makeup brushes should be cleaned regularly to avoid bacteria growth & to prevent buildup. Brush off in a new pump spray offers an effective & convenient olution for those with limited time.
  • Cleans, conditions and renews.
  • Dries in minutes.
  • Reccommended for natural bristles
Then the rest of the info is directions & that theres 200 applications.
Mmmm,I think I will get some.Sounds very good.Thanks for the info.XX:hug:

Your welcome,

Just seen on the bottle the website address www.brushoff.com but think its an american website so not sure of prices & can't find my ellsions catalogue to check !

Mmm,not sure where nearest Ellisons is to me.Will check on website though.By the way just realised you're in Stratford upon Avon.My hubby and me went there in November for our Anniversary,stayed in huge old hotel not far from the river,had large tree in garden where a midsummer nights dream was performed in Shakespears times.Not sure of the name.Beautiful place Stratford.Will come again one day.Would love to live there.

Mmm,not sure where nearest Ellisons is to me.Will check on website though.By the way just realised you're in Stratford upon Avon.My hubby and me went there in November for our Anniversary,stayed in huge old hotel not far from the river,had large tree in garden where a midsummer nights dream was performed in Shakespears times.Not sure of the name.Beautiful place Stratford.Will come again one day.Would love to live there.

Thats where i used to work in the Spa ! The Alveston Manor its called its probably the best one in Stratford, lucky you don't think my boyfriend would take me somewhere that nice :wink2:

Ellisons do mail order, i think you should be able to order a catalogue. It may be sold in other wholesalers to or possibly something similar.

Thats the one, the Alverston,was going to book a treatment when there but didn't get round to it.Such a lovely Hotel,so much character and yes extremely pricey,we only stayed 2 days but wish we couldve stayed the whole week.It was our 15th wedding anniversary hence the bit of luxury.Lucky you to work there,did you work there long,and did you like it?Where would I be able to get hold of an Ellisons catalogue?

www.ellisons.co.uk then click on brochure, theres is a form to fill in.

No i hated working there, it was good pay but long hours & i had about three weekends off in 8 months. Luckily i worked there from when it opened so i had all the training but any new therapist was given a manual to read ! I believe it has improved a lot since i left so you would of been ok if you'd had a treatment :)

Just found another brush cleaner in the salons direct catalogue its £1.95 for 500ml

www.ellisons.co.uk then click on brochure, theres is a form to fill in.

No i hated working there, it was good pay but long hours & i had about three weekends off in 8 months. Luckily i worked there from when it opened so i had all the training but any new therapist was given a manual to read ! I believe it has improved a lot since i left so you would of been ok if you'd had a treatment :)

Just found another brush cleaner in the salons direct catalogue its £1.95 for 500ml
Mmmm dosn't sound too good a place to work.You should get boyfriend to treat you,lovely place to stay.Thanks for the info on brush cleanser,going to give it a try.:hug:

Latest posts

Back