Make up Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemgem675

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've just popped over from Nails as i am thinking of doing a make up course.

Just wondered if any one could recommend a course they have been on, i live in the Dorset area so courses in dorset or hampshire would be good.

Also do you get much call to do make up in your salons/mobile therapists?

Thanks x

Hi

I recently did a VCTC make up course with Kim Sexton at The Cottage Training Centre in Hythe.

Cottage Training Centre

I can't praise her and the centre highly enough. I am sure other geeks will be able to recommend other places that you cal also train.

Good luck

Michelle :)

Thank you I'll have a look on their website :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I have done VTCT Level 3 Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Facial Massage & Skin Care with Kim at The Cottage Training Centre and I can highly recommend her. Class sizes are kept small (max of 6) Kim also offers 1-1 tuition she was awarded the Guild Lecturer of the Year Award 2011 and offers lots of courses. I have always found her to be very proffesional and approachable and she is always happy to offer advice. Cottage Training Centre just had a quick look and she runs several Make Up courses I would definatly give her a ring for a chat :D Let me know how you get on I would love to take the Photographic Make Up course (along with the level 3 in teaching baby massage as well as her Remedial massage course ho hum and several others now i have looked around her site again!!!) but as usual with me its £££ and a large family to feed and lack of time Lol
good luck in what ever you decide X

Gutted. I am looking at doing a make up course. it's that or CND gel and shellac.

Anyway back to the point I have just spoken to Carlton institute (pinks training academy) and they are no longer doing there make up course. It took me ages to find an affordable one that was close by. 
Xx

I live at the Dorset area im doing my make up course at www.Capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk 10th of August they cover bridal, day and evening and glamour make up, they also show you how to apply lashes with the make up its a one day course 10-4 x x

Thank you for the kind words. I work closely with Jane Iredale mineral make-up artists and find them to be highly professional with a wealth of knowledge. I am also delighted to have Christine Quar a professional make-up artist teaching the fashion and photgraphic workshop running in August. I am excited about this and hope it will be a great and informative day. Happy to help where I can with any advise needed. ;)

Kim - where and when are your workshops in august? Xx

I live at the Dorset area im doing my make up course at www.Capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk 10th of August they cover bridal, day and evening and glamour make up, they also show you how to apply lashes with the make up its a one day course 10-4 x x

I have seen this course in there website it seems quite affordable aswell let me know how you get on when you go x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Will do a couple of my friends done this course said was really good, looking forward to doing make up x

Basic make up cousre booked for 14th sept!! Yay!! So excited!!

Might be a bit late to reply to this message but I did the cosmetic makeup course with Kim and Ayling from Jane Iredale over the past two days. I've learnt so much in such a short time considering I hadn't picked up a brush properly before was able to create looks straightaway with their guidance including Bridal. Make sure you take advantage of the free coffee as it's intense but the only thing I can complain about is that the time goes too quickly because having such fun!!

Also got to play with the prescents range that Kim makes, I love products and my skin feels lush this evening!

Can't wait to go back for the facials course now - highly recommend this makeup course if you haven't already done one.

Thanx for that. Now I've done my basic one, I feel I can go to the companies and look for something more advanced.

Latest posts

Back