Make up courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanneatplanet

Reaction score
Hi I need help I am qualified in make up but I want to update skills can anyone recommend any good refresher courses I want to learn cut crease eyemake up and contouring x

I know Illamasqua do a cut crease mini course but that is in London x

I've been looking at that ive messaged them today about it x

Illamasqua and DMFA in London! Would recommend DMFA first however they are ££££ but we all know In this industry you get what you pay for right??

I think any good make up course your going to have to travel to London!!

If you just want to brush up on a couple of techniques but are confident with everything else, do you really need to do a course? You could learn a lot from practicing on different eye and face shapes and watch some online tutorials (from professionals).

The Cassie Lomas school in Manchester does a course called Finishing School for people who are already trained in make up but want to really prefect their skills.

Also, it was really sill of someone to say that you have to go to London to do a decent make up course. How narrow minded. I've heard nothing but good things about the School of Make Up in Stockport, amongst others, which are in the OP's area.

It is just brushing up really and learning new techniques I originally trained 12 years ago so things changed ive looked at illamasqua ive emailed them about a few courses, also the cassie lomas ive looked at there aswel, I live not to far from manchester so is a bit more convenient I know a lot of top make up companies r in London but searchin locally there is alot im just struggling to make the decision i feel i right the online tutorial thing sounds good where would I find them x

It is just brushing up really and learning new techniques I originally trained 12 years ago so things changed ive looked at illamasqua ive emailed them about a few courses, also the cassie lomas ive looked at there aswel, I live not to far from manchester so is a bit more convenient I know a lot of top make up companies r in London but searchin locally there is alot im just struggling to make the decision i feel i right the online tutorial thing sounds good where would I find them x

Youtube. Have a search for some well known make up artists on there and get some friends/family to practice on. You'll know yourself if you think a course would be beneficial after doing that.

Did you attend the course? I have been looking into it too xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back