Make-up not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem that I do with makeup. Basically I find that if I do my makeup in the morning after a couple of hours it starts to look like its melting off my face. Its hard to explain but its like my foundation has gone back to a liquid and comes off. At the moment I'm using a guerlain primer, dior foundation and Dior powder, however I havethis problem with any makeup. I woulfn't say my skin was particularly oily and even eyeliner seems to not stay where it should and I get black under my eyes. Has anyone got any advice/tips? Thanks :)

my make up does this it goes really patchy i use a fixing spray and it does help i did my make up yesterday at about 2pm for work and when i came home at 11pm it was still alright xxx

Hi thanks for replying, what fixing spray do you use?

You could try using a long-wear foundation, such as Estee Lauder Double Wear. I see that you say that you do use a primer which is great!

Also, after you apply your moisturiser in the morning, do make sure you leave a good 15 minutes before applying your make-up.

As the other poster has already mentioned, do try a fixing spray. Good ones are:
Skindinavia

Urban Decay

Model in a Bottle

With regards to eyeliner, make sure you are using a waterproof liner, and apply a touch of loose powder under your eyes to prevent oil build up.

Try Jane Iredale pure pressed. Lasts brilliantly and really easy to touch up.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

You could be overloading the skin with too much silicone's, try a silicone free primer such as Kryolan Ultra Underbase (its a water based primer) and then setting your makeup with a setting spray as well as a powder, my 2 go to's right now are the Kryolan Ultra setting spray/vaporizer and Skindinavia Bridal setting spray

Thank you everyone, I will give some of those a try!

skin velvet by karaja is fab for its staying power

customers ask me did I retouch my make-up throughout day and I'm like 'noo I don't have time lols'

and that's without setting powders or sprays

I use eve taylor balancing cream as my moisturiser its fab

Maybe you are using the wrong type if primer for your skin? What is the one you are using specifically for and what is your skin type? Xx

Following this thread as I also have the same problem - I've tested a million different foundations both expensive and high street and different primers and with or without primer, with and without seeing the makeup but no matter what, my foundation goes patchy and my skin looks greasy yet dry/flaky at the same time?!? By the end of the day, my face is a congealed mess! I work under air con all day which I think is my biggest problem but I seem to be the only one at work that has this problem

I find that with 90 percent of clients who's makeup doesn't last that the problem is lack of hydration! If your skin is dehydrated your makeup will never last... I would use a nice hydrating day moisturiser and maybe even a richer night cream! On my clients I use primer but on myself I don't bother, I put my makeup on at 6am and it's still there at 11pm :)

I think I need to buy some new face products to be honest. I am using Simple at the moment, I normally use Dermalogica but I really couldn't afford it this time round. I might try Eve Taylor as I have heard good things. Also does anyone use smashbox foundation?

I have sampled all of Smashbox Foundations-including their long wear. I wanted to love them, as I use quite a number of their products-but sadly I didn't. :( I found the long wear foundation made my skin look dry and aged. But, do give it a try! The good thing about Smashbox is they will colour match you, and put the product in a sample bottle for you to take home. So at least you het to try before you buy. ;)

Don't use simple. There are a lot of good brands out there that won't break the bank. Simple isn't one of them.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Vic recommendations would be greatly appreciated :) i tried to look at Eve Taylor but I'm guessing you cant buy it online.

Just found the shopping bit on Eve Taylor website, was me being dumb lol.

Sorry I totaly forgot I had commented on this its a collection one from superdrug £5 nothing fancy but the Urban Decay one is supposed to be good and i think the travel size is only £9 xxx

Not sure if this has been commented but for eyeliner troubles, I used to have that too. But often because I used non-water proof eyeliners. With Waterproof eyeliner, I don't think you will have the same problem unless you wet your face at some point.

Latest posts

Back