Make up range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HT78

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Just wandered what make up ranges you use in your salons? I'm a home based salon and I'm using monuskin as my skincare range. I would like to add in a make up range (once I've saved up, I love researching and having a goal) not for weddings this is just to add to my retail opportunity and use on clients after treatments or offer make up lessons.
So far I've looked into Youngblood and lily lolo! I think my price range is more lily lolo!

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Watching with interest

Watching with interest
:) I'm hoping for some response from other geeks soon! I've had some samples sent to me from lily lolo. The packaging is lovely. I haven't tried anything yet as I've not been well so going to give it a couple of days! Will let you know how I get on! My only disappointment is that the minimum spend is high but I appreciate not as much as some make up ranges!
Have you looked into anything yourself yet?

:) I'm hoping for some response from other geeks soon! I've had some samples sent to me from lily lolo. The packaging is lovely. I haven't tried anything yet as I've not been well so going to give it a couple of days! Will let you know how I get on! My only disappointment is that the minimum spend is high but I appreciate not as much as some make up ranges!
Have you looked into anything yourself yet?
I've also looked into lily Lolo and haven't felt so pissed off with a company as I have today. I emailed them this morning and they replied very nicely but asked to for a link to my website so that they could 'review' my salon.

I asked for clarification on this as I've sent certificates in the past to companies as proof that I'm qualified etc and I've had no qualms about this but for a company to 'review' my salon?

They emailed back saying that they wanted to check my salon was the 'right fit'. Well that really got my hackles up and after a few emails back and forth I told them I wasn't interested. Who are they to judge me or my business as worthy or unworthy for their products. That's my decision to make not theirs.

I've also looked into lily Lolo and haven't felt so pissed off with a company as I have today. I emailed them this morning and they replied very nicely but asked to for a link to my website so that they could 'review' my salon.

I asked for clarification on this as I've sent certificates in the past to companies as proof that I'm qualified etc and I've had no qualms about this but for a company to 'review' my salon?

They emailed back saying that they wanted to check my salon was the 'right fit'. Well that really got my hackles up and after a few emails back and forth I told them I wasn't interested. Who are they to judge me or my business as worthy or unworthy for their products. That's my decision to make not theirs.

There are a lot of larger companies that do this but Lily Lolo aren't a huge company so I find this strange. I personally found their mark up wasn't that great when I looked - their make up kit had no mark up on retail!
I use and stock Jane Iredale, which is pricey but retails well - sadly I find their C/S to be lacking lately.

There are a lot of larger companies that do this but Lily Lolo aren't a huge company so I find this strange. I personally found their mark up wasn't that great when I looked - their make up kit had no mark up on retail!
I use and stock Jane Iredale, which is pricey but retails well - sadly I find their C/S to be lacking lately.

Thanks for the heads-up! I have also lost patience with Jane Iredale, cancelling one appointment with me and not turning up for the reschedule appointment. I told them after that I wasn't interested as I'd lost faith in them.

Can you get bodyography in the U.K. At all? There mark up is decent and they ani cruelty etc also more along the lines of mineral etc but not cheap either I suppose.

I have been a lily Lolo stockist for just over a year now and I find their customer service is excellent and I do retail a lot of products to my clients

Can you get bodyography in the U.K. At all? There mark up is decent and they ani cruelty etc also more along the lines of mineral etc but not cheap either I suppose.

I think it must be available in the U.K. As I've just won their bridal makeup kit as an award at my college tonight! I must admit I hadn't heard of the brand so I googled them and was shocked to see how much my kit cost! So then I came on here to see if any geeks had posted about the brand in the past and saw your post. We were told Dennis Williams had provided all the award prizes (they supply the college with all student kits too), but I couldn't find it on their website. Would you like me to ask where it came from, or have you found out since posting this? (If so, I'd be interested to know too!)

I live in South Africa now so I don't need to know that info lol but thanks

Latest posts

Back