Make up training or not

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingbat

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to know if I could do make-ups if I have not done it at college, I worked for a number of years with cosmetics/skincare and was trained by the various companies eg: Lancome, Revlon, Loreal, Maxfactor and Gurlain. Could I still offer make-ups?
Thanks any comments would be good:hug:

ooh not sure hun , if you are wanting to do make up , then why not ust join virgin v ,or body shop they train you and give you insurance specifically for it , hth dee x
ps plus ou can do parties and get sales too , lol

Hi Dee just posted you a message re:nsi
I thought about Virgin but you have to so many parties and targets and things, it does sound good as I rent a room in a hairdressres.

Lots of the most successful makeup artists received no formal training. Instead they assisted more experienced artists and worked their way up in the industry from that position.

If you are only interested in doing street makeup, then it seems to me that you already have the necessary experience to do as such. I think most insurers would accept your previous training/experience with the beauty houses you have mentioned as enough to provide you with insurance. Have a ring around and see!

Good luck:green:

I did media make-up at college but tbh we were pretty much left to it and I was dissapointed and lost interest. But in my client sessions we had to do make-up lessons and I kind of bluffed my way through it, the client was estatic and my lecturers were delighted. My interest gained.

What I am trying to say is it was pretty much done without being demonstrated and kind of 'off the cuff' - which is how I would describe make-up anyway.

training or no training

nothing beats a fab portfolio as evidence of your work and what you can do

Latest posts

Back