Make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi every1 im doin make up at the end of the month what does every1 do about make up kits as ther a lots of shades of foundation i like the look of artdeco i love mac but for starting out think that will be out my price range any advice on wer to start and what to start with would be great thank you x

Did you know that you can apply for a MAC Pro card? So you can receive discount. This may be a good option if you love MAC but are concerned about the cost. In my kit, I have a selection of brands-all high end and professional. When I started out, to keep costs down, I bought a small selection of shades in light and darker foundations, and mixed them to create other shades. Once working with clients you will soon find what shades tend to be more popular and what you need to add more of to your kit.

Also, Artdeco do a great range of make-up, and you can get a good little kit together from them.
You could also add a couple of MAC products to your Artdeco kit, and add on more MAC products as you earn.

I would buy the best you can afford for now, and when you start to get more booking invest in more expensive brands.

Grimas do Creme foundation palettes for around £50 for 24 shades.

I have used them myself along with other pro brands and they are very good and a little goes a long way!

Last edited:
that sounds good i didnt no about the mac pro card im guessin i will need to the course first n sent proof to get that im keen to av a few different brands as products àre better in different brands i jut wasnt sure really want all i needed to start with thank u for help x

I would recommend carrying a few different brands ( I carry 4 different foundation brands) as different skin types need different types of foundations

I recommend the @LeMaqPro student kits as this is the makeup that pros use on Film & TV. It is also manufactured into the most transportable packaging. You can grow the range by adding some of the 3000 products covering every possible shade. It is also the first #4KCertifiedMakeup, paraben free, cruelty free and uniquely it is actually made in France as opposed to assembled.
View attachment 186879 View attachment 186880 View attachment 186881 View attachment 186882 View attachment 186883

is there a trade website to buy a student kit or items? i saw the rep last week but want a few bits

Hi every1 im doin make up at the end of the month what does every1 do about make up kits as ther a lots of shades of foundation i like the look of artdeco i love mac but for starting out think that will be out my price range any advice on wer to start and what to start with would be great thank you x
As CharlieE mentioned above you can get a 'MAC Cosmetics' Pro Card for 40% off or you can start off with the professional makeup palettes by 'Mash Up London' they are cheaper.

Mac Pro - https://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/membership/index.tmpl

Mash Up London - www.mashup.london

Latest posts

Back