Make your own nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
Nail art like all arts comes in many forms using many mediums .
Feathers , leafs , paper , foil , glitter , clay , lint ;) , straws , tape , string , ribbon , tissue and more .

Sometimes we need to just experiment ,

You don't have to be Michael Angelo to do good quick effective nail art .

Here is an example I came up with over Xmas , I've had quite a few people ask what I used and how it was done ,

TINSEL , that's right the stuff off the Xmas tree!

OR
Nail art foils would also work as an out of season alternative , you know the transfer type ? That dose not always stick , you could cut it up and use it , it's defenitly thin and flexible enough and comes in lots of patterns and colors (most of us prob have some at the bottom of a box or back of a draw )
The only thing that I would do differently is I would apply it with the shinny side up and facing you. Otherwise the top coat will take the pattern off.

Scissors

or

nail clipers this gives you kind of broken glass , cracked ice effect :)

A pot with a lid to keep it in
(It's so thin and light it's very easy to cut waaaaay more than you will ever need lol I have all mine in a mixed pot like confetti .

In fact to do this on some nutral pink or French nails in silver or iradecent would make for stunning wedding confetti nails .

A brush or damp orange wood stick to apply with. (Just as you might with normal rock stars )

picture.php

Cut into squares
picture.php

You can then use them as an alternative to your rock star treatment
Or as an add in .
Embedded them into your gel or acrylic , and capping in clear .

Your color mixes are endless

Have fun with it .
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

fab idea mizzy, you have inspired me to dig out my foils and bits n bobs and have a go at something different. I have loads of sheets to, in all different colours. thanks x

This is genius! By the time to put away the christmas decoration, girls can still make some nail art supplies for nails !
nice!

Very clever idea - I love that you think outside the box!

I bought these red nail art microbe ads but I've no idea Wat to do with them any ideas? U seem very creative I normally copy stuff from google images or YouTube

Just wanted to bump this one back up for Christmas ;)

Latest posts

Back