Makeup artists - how did you become a 'preferred supplier' at wedding venues?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
Hey fellow geeks

Happy New to you all!!!

Just after some advise as the titles states really.... how did you become a 'Preferred Supplier' at wedding venues?

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading

Nearly all venues have open days for brides, so you can ask to speak to the person who organises this and say you'd like to be one of their recommended services to find out more. I know one thing for sure, reliability is a must for them.

Nearly all venues have open days for brides, so you can ask to speak to the person who organises this and say you'd like to be one of their recommended services to find out more. I know one thing for sure, reliability is a must for them.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I think I will make a start by contacting all the venues that I am already booked at this year. At least that way it shows credibility and proves that I'm reliable too.
I'd love to do some styled bridal shoots too, so that I have a few more professional 'look' images in my portfolio. If that makes sense. But I have no idea where to even begin. I really want to focus on building contacts this year.

Thanks again. Xx

Fashion photographers, stylists and models often do portfolio building shoots (everyone works for free and gets something out of it) so might be worth finding a local wannabe model?

Some great ideas. Thank you!

I'd love to feature as a supplier on the likes of 'Rock My Wedding'.

I did contact them to enquire about being a supplier but they said that they didn't feel I was the best fit for them Absolutely gutted! I asked for a little feedback and they said to focus on the images on my website. When comparing them to their current suppliers I felt I measured up. Lol! Some of them had hardly any images and wasnt even a proper website :sigh:
Hoping more 'pro' images could help though.
Thanks again. Xxx

Latest posts

Back