Makeup course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
Girls I am thinking of doing a makeup course and any one direct me in the right direction - I want to use M.A.C on clients but they only teach one on one lessons

hi wont your local college do make up courses, other than that if you go on to worktrain and type in all the info , your postcode etc it will tell you where there are courses near you , i think the web site is
www.worktrain.co.uk hope this helps

yep it is that coz i just checked it :)

I had a prospectues through from our local college and they ahd some great courses in all types of make up and application.

They also had an ITEC in nail's so think I may just go do that one as it is part time in teh evenings.

They may be worth checking out though as it is a start and then when you are earning money you could go on the one - one courses

Linda,

Hows it going?
I'm like you would love to do a make-up course and have looked it to a few.
M.A.C is one on one , Clarins - salon based, waiting on afew more to get back to me.
I know that the following offer training:
Anne McDevitt - www.annemcdevitt.com (1on1 - beauty salon)
Galligan Beauty - www.galligangroup.com (BT Collage)
Aspen"s - www.aspensireland.com (BT collage & salon)

Most of the collages in general offer courses both full time and part time. Check some of them out or there should be a little book (newsagents) listing all courses - dates, lenght, cost, and if they are certified at the end.

Hope this helps.

dee said:
hi wont your local college do make up courses, other than that if you go on to worktrain and type in all the info , your postcode etc it will tell you where there are courses near you , i think the web site is
Thanks Dee for that link its really good x

Claddagh Nails said:
Linda,

Hows it going?
I'm like you would love to do a make-up course and have looked it to a few.
M.A.C is one on one , Clarins - salon based, waiting on afew more to get back to me.
I know that the following offer training:
Anne McDevitt - www.annemcdevitt.com (1on1 - beauty salon)
Galligan Beauty - www.galligangroup.com (BT Collage)
Aspen"s - www.aspensireland.com (BT collage & salon)

Most of the collages in general offer courses both full time and part time. Check some of them out or there should be a little book (newsagents) listing all courses - dates, lenght, cost, and if they are certified at the end.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Bernie,

I found out the Portobello school (not college) does three types the fist is about €700 and it goes up your get ITEC and Portebello Cert from them and if you want on the couse for €700 you dont have to use their recommended kit so i will be able to use the M.A.C you might want to look into it. I am also going to train in Tanning and Waxing (at salon services) so maybe I'll start to make some money instead of spending it lol

www.portobelloschool.ie

have you thought about doing a vtct in waxing and tanning at your local college as you have more practice time and get a recognised qualification this is wa i have done i have also done 1 day coursers at wholesalers but the you learn so much ore doing a vtct xx

emmalouisa said:
have you thought about doing a vtct in waxing and tanning at your local college as you have more practice time and get a recognised qualification this is wa i have done i have also done 1 day coursers at wholesalers but the you learn so much ore doing a vtct xx
I dont think we have vtvc in Ireland - what does this stand for

Thanks linda,
I'm afraid Portobello school times don't suit me at the present time, but will keep them in mind.
I know I shouldn't say this but MAC Training Manual on CD is on e-bay right now, what their about not sure but no harm if you have a look.

vtct is a module part of an nvq xx

Claddagh Nails said:
Thanks linda,
I'm afraid Portobello school times don't suit me at the present time, but will keep them in mind.
I know I shouldn't say this but MAC Training Manual on CD is on e-bay right now, what their about not sure but no harm if you have a look.
Has anyone got this MAC training from ebay? If so is it any good?

dee said:
Hey Dee - that's a great little link! Never came across it before - very handy indeed...

Hi,

I do lots of make up weddings and make overs etc. I was going to use mac but to go direct you had to put alot of big orders in. I decided to use Jane Iredale skin care make up. www.janeiredale.com there products are great. I went to college to do make up (Costmetic make up) its a IHBC/VCTC. VTCT stand for Vocational Training Chartiable Trust. These are recognised qualifications. I am also doing some courses at the London College of Fashion they have some great part time courses, and these qualification do you CV alot of good so I have been advised.

Good Luck with what you choose,

Jenny :lol:

Hi Jenny. Are you training in Oxford St for the London College of Fashion? If so South Molten Street is just up the road & that's where Face Stockholm is. They used to do 10% discount cards for make-up students in there so that could help with building your kit - it's not cheap!! Make up Forever are there too & they do 1-2-1 training if there's something you want to concentrate on. Good luck

Claddagh Nails said:
Thanks linda,

I have the CD its about 400 pages so I havn't got a chance to get it yet - I have enrolled in ITEC Facial Makup - Makue Artist 1 year eavening course starts in October - cant wait

I am looking at doing period make up in London. I already have the VCTC Costmetic make up certficate. I have already invest a few hundred quid in the Jane Iredale range. They are great they are always bringing out new products they do regular training. Best of all they do not test on animals and all there products are mineral based therefore elimating the risk of a reaction with the product. :biggrin:

Which seller did you buy the cd from? There's so many on ebay it's a bit confusing which one to go for.

Latest posts

Back