Making a new missing nail match the others?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
Maybe this has happened to you? I have noticed that when I have a client come in for a fill and if she is missing one nail, and I use a form to apply a new nail, that I can always tell which nail is the new one! I am trying to figure out a way to combat this. I use the natural smile line to form a new nail so the new one always looks higher than the other filled nails. Perhaps I should do the new nail first before cutting out the new smile lines on the other nails? Or am I on the wrong track. Help :)

if you are using an e-file to cut out your smile lines on a fill, they will look crisper than a new nail.

One solution is to do reverse application on the new nail and it will also have a crisp smile line!

hth xxx

You have to ignore the placement of the exposed free edge. Look at the proportions of the existing nails and copy those.
I always find that the new nail looks shorter if anything not longer in which case you could extend the nail bed to match the length of the rest.

Yes, you are right it always looks shorter. If I make it longer then I can see the natural smile line through the pink lol.

Most companies do a denser pink to hide this....Young Nails have Frosted pink / Ezflow have cover pink etc this enables you to mask the natural smile line and then you can go over the top with the pink that you have used on the rest of the nails x x

Most companies do a denser pink to hide this....Young Nails have Frosted pink / Ezflow have cover pink etc this enables you to mask the natural smile line and then you can go over the top with the pink that you have used on the rest of the nails x x

This is the way to go.

if you are using an e-file to cut out your smile lines on a fill, they will look crisper than a new nail.

One solution is to do reverse application on the new nail and it will also have a crisp smile line!

hth xxx

hi, sorry to be niave but what is an e-file?
anna

hi, sorry to be niave but what is an e-file?
anna
It is an electric file for use on L&P or gel enhancements, it should never be used on the natural nail, plate or free edge hth

Thanks! Just to clarify, so I should:
Ignore the placement of the natural free edge
Extend it to match the other nails
Use a cover pink just in zone 2,
and then the normal pink in zone 3?

Is this correct?

I've never had to do this so if someone could teach me that would be great!

Is this the custom blending technique we are talking of here? If so then I think you need to go to your product supplier so they can train you on how your systems custom blending works. I am sure this would be a worthwhile investment for you and save you lots of hours of heart ache in getting it right.

Latest posts

Back