Quantcast

Making own skincare products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

chelleybobs

Reaction score
Hi I currently have a home based beauty room, offering massages, body scrubs, facials, reflexology and nails.
I am a vegan salon, so only use vegan, cruelty free products.
I was wondering if anyone knew the legalities of making your own scrubs and/or facials oils to use in treatments? I know in order to blend aromatherapy oils a qualification is needed, and I am looking into this now. But for other products, do I need a qualification? If I am only using them in my treatments, and not selling?
Many thanks

LC86

Reaction score
What products do you use? I’m about to start a beauty room from home. Can I use any products I want? Like buy high end products from department store for instance

stace

Reaction score
Why don’t you look up white label companies? They can make products to your specifications and handle all the legal stuff. A salon I worked at used Hera

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Can I use any products I want? Like buy high end products from department store for instance
I wouldn’t bother buying stuff from department stores when your clients could easily do this too.
You’d create a better image by using Pro brands that only sell through distributors to qualified therapists.

Latest posts