Making your own scrubs and masques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbylexi

Reaction score
I have been looking online and been looking for recipes to make your own scrubs and masques. Does anyone do this? if so where did you get your recipes and how do you like it?

There are tons of books on how to do this; check out amazon.com. Try a combination of dead sea salt, olive oil and your favorite essential oils for an easy, moisturizing scrub. You can make foot or body soaks easily too. Try a combo of 1 cup Epsom Salt, 1/2 cup Rock Salt, 1/2 cup Dead Sea Salt, 2 tablespoons of Bisodiumcarbonate (Baking Soda) and some essential oils. As for masks, they are more difficult. You can try using a plain yogurt base with essential oil, yogurt is naturally moisturizing. As for clay masks, try checking out your local natural foods and health center, they may have clay base for making these. Good luck, have fun. Making products is how I got into the nail biz!

Hi.

Google homemade nail recipes

" mask "

" scrub "

" soak '

" bath "

Hope that helps as well.

I remember when I was renovation my new salon, painting, sanding, scrubbing, etc....

My hands were so sore from chemicals and rough treatment.

I was still soldiering on doing clients with hands that looked like I had just done an oil and grease change.

A client gave me a very old recipe.........

Lard mixed with sugar to a paste :eek:

I actually used castor sugar (the finer stuff) as my hands hurt so much.

It was wonderful and I still use it every now and then, oddly enough it washes of leaving your hands amazingly soft.

Now I wouldn't use this on a client, just thought I'd share.

Latest posts

Back