Male back waxing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
Okay, let me start by saying that this is a very odd question for me and out of my comfort zone so please be gentle with me.

My new salon is based within a complex which has a bodybuilding gym in it. I've had a few guys ask me if I can wax them e.g back wax. I am qualified in warm waxing and my educator said that we can do this wax but never showed us how. I double checked with my insurers who said I am covered for this treatment providing it is not hot wax and not intimate areas.

I've never done a back wax before and have seen varied ideas on how best to do it. The way the educator explained it was for the male to be lying down for the entire treatment, work from the bottom up and outside in?

Some people tend to use oil or talc prior to waxing? Does anyone have any pointers on this? Also I have no idea about what to charge? I havent heard of or found anyone in my area offering this so can't even go off their prices for comparison.

Somebody help me please :hugs:

I don't know why you'd think people wouldn't be gentle with you!

I don't do male intimate but I do quite a lot of backs for chaps! Many geeks on here do a lot of male waxing but that often includes non strip (or hot) wax so I'll just say what I do.
I get them to lie on their fronts and I start from the pants line and work up. It really helps if you have a couch with adjustable height as I've leant over them and had a slightly embarrassing boobs pressing into their back scenario - especially some of my bigger chaps!
I only use strip and I work quickly and in smallish sections. Hair grows all over on backs so smaller sections is a lot easier plus some of my chaps are a bit nesh so it breaks them in gently!
I sometimes get them to sit in a chair leaning over the couch to do back of necks and arms. Arms need to be blended otherwise they can look like they have a bald t shirt on. I just do this by breaking the line and blending in.

Hope that helps

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

There is an article on here ... I think it's called Gorilla Warfare by Andy Rouillard.

One of the biggest issues with male hair is length ... If it is too long it will matte, break and be agony! If the hair is too long incest on some clippers (I use Whal 2000), no shorter then a grade 2!

Remember the golden rule ... Apple with direction and remove against. For most guys this means start down the spine ... Apply from neck to waist. Then you. And then work in from the sides and then do the shoulders.

If this is going to be a big market for you pay for a few hours one to one coaching on male waxing.

Mat

There is an article on here ... I think it's called Gorilla Warfare by Andy Rouillard.

One of the biggest issues with male hair is length ... If it is too long it will matte, break and be agony! If the hair is too long incest on some clippers (I use Whal 2000), no shorter then a grade 2!

Remember the golden rule ... Apple with direction and remove against. For most guys this means start down the spine ... Apply from neck to waist. Then you. And then work in from the sides and then do the shoulders.

If this is going to be a big market for you pay for a few hours one to one coaching on male waxing.

Mat

Thanks Mat, yeah it seems it's going to be a big thing so I need to get it right. Sounds silly saying well yes I'm qualified but I don't really know how to do it and the thought of trial and error scares me so I'm thinking I need to do a course. I don't even know where to begin. I am interested in intimate waxing both male and female as there seems to be a demand for it but pennies say no. Is there any ' refresher' course or similar for this type of male waxing?

Intimate waxing is a real money spinner - particularly if you get some good training. I have ladies who come to me for their brazilian / hollywoods every month and won't even look at anywhere else locally because they all use strip wax and not hot / non strip wax for intimate waxing!

To offer male body waxing there are some courses around the country (most male waxing training centres around intimate waxing) or you can look at trainers who also offer one to one coaching. This is also a great way of getting some help on any other areas you aren't too confident with at the same time, and can give a real confidence boost.

Good luck!
Mat x

In addition to all of what's been said I find that guys often have so many variations of a back wax and I found it easier to break these down in terms of cost.

Especially guys that are regular gym / bodybuilders may be more particular about what they want so when you sort out your menu just put a few options which can include things like the hair line , half arms and the option of a basic back.

We do lots of back waxes and they all book many variations so for me I found it beneficial to offer a few options and found it easier rather than having clients calling up and trying to get a reduction on a treatment price as they didn't want to include this or that.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back