Male beauty therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickyjpearce

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been in this industry for way over 20 odd years now (COUGH giving away my age here) and I have hardly come across any other Male Beauty Therapists. Sure there are plenty of MaleMassage Therapists or Waxers but not fully qualified Beauty Therapists. I was just wondering if there were any more out there and if I was all alone lol...

Seems like you’re on your own!! only joking! You’re never alone in this industry! What do you find are your busiest treatments? Do some ladies worry about having a male therapist... I can’t see why because you’re a professional, but I know some people, perhaps older I’m guessing are a bit more prudish? There is a salon near me that has 2 or 3 male nail technicians, but I don’t think they offer beauty treatments as well. Maybe I’ll go and find out!! X

Seems like you’re on your own!! only joking! You’re never alone in this industry! What do you find are your busiest treatments? Do some ladies worry about having a male therapist... I can’t see why because you’re a professional, but I know some people, perhaps older I’m guessing are a bit more prudish? There is a salon near me that has 2 or 3 male nail technicians, but I don’t think they offer beauty treatments as well. Maybe I’ll go and find out!! X

A lot of salon near me have male nail techs but not sure if they do anything else either

Lol.... I'm definitely not alone. I suppose its worked to my advantage as I'm always busy. One of my busiest treatments every since qualifying is bikini waxing and lashes. I've never had problems with any age group either. I think as you say it's because your a professional. My standards are high and I tell my clients off a lot lol.... I'm very direct and won't have any messing about, I'm sure they just come back to be told off sometimes! I also usually let them bring a friend in as well, especially if they both get done at the same time, and involve the client in the treatment as much as possible buy getting them to position and hold things for me. That way they always have an element of control over the process. I do a lot of nails as well though and skincare. I would say I have routine stuff but every day is different as well. I like the variety because I'd get bored quickly, teaching and writing textbooks also keeps me out of trouble lol.... x

Latest posts

Back