Male Brow Tidy Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
Its quite common for males to come into the previous salon i worked in and have their eyebrows tidied afterall it isn't a good look to have them joining in the middle:) but was i wondered was i know that when waxing females brow shapes we tend to just tidy underneath the brow area it is the same for guys or only on top?
as i've never done one before and i know they wuldnt want to be defined lol
xxx

i've only ever done my hubbies, and i removed hair from under the brow only.
if he'd needed it because there were stray hairs above the brow then i would have done those too.
i wouldnt alter the shape on the top of the brows as it would make them look lower and give the effect of closing the eyes in, but there is no reason not to tidy away stray ones that do not conform to the main shape. i also trimmed a little length off one or 2 hairs that seemed to have mutated into 'giant super hairs' :lol:

I do a few mens brows and basically I tidy the monobrow and any strays. Basically thats it. I do have a few that are a little more daring and they love to experiement but on the whole with men its more about being well groomed. IMO.

lol yeah i agree guys want to have their eyebrows tidied yet they don't won't anyone to notice it. thankyou for your girls been helpful i'll try not to get too carried away then when waxing mens eyebrows lol :)

My bf SHAVES parts of his eyebrows, including on the top! Tried to tell him it's not a good look (especially when he gets eyebrow stubble!) but will he listen?
Marion xx

one thing that i live by when doing eyebrows is u can always take off more hair if needed but you cant put it back one removed !!!

YES that is very true almost like when you go to hairdressers & you say you only want 1/2 inch taken off & they take off 3 inches better to be safe then sorry
xxx

lol yeah i agree guys want to have their eyebrows tidied yet they don't won't anyone to notice it.

You've hit the nail on the head.

When I do male brows, I do a tidy (any stray hairs etc). I generally don't shape the eyebrows like you would with a female client.

I still leave them looking masculine, just a bit tidier :lol:

Marlise

I have a few regualr men, most have a tidy up but one has crazy eyebrows and have to do a shape to get them looking normal!

becki xxx

As a general rule I always remove any stray hairs between the corner of the brow and the temples that would otherwise ruin a neat line, but some chaps will want the brows tidied from above as well, especially if there is a lot of 'fuzz' that makes the brows seem like they are growing halfway up the forehead! And some men will have brows that absolutely need shaping from above (especially the outer edge) in order to give them some kind of arch - sometimes a carefully aimed trim will be sufficient to achieve the desired results, other times you will need to get in there with your spatula :)

So, yes it's perfectly acceptable to wax and shape from above the brow but be aware that it does give a sharper line to the brows, so discuss it with your client first - I usually suggest 'working up to it' if the chap has very thick-set brows. But at the end of the day, what the client wants, the client gets :D

I guess the key thing is to have that dialogue with your customer - hand him a mirror, ask him what he has in mind, and make your professional suggestions based on that.

Andy x

ive still yet to do one got one this afternoon been putting it off for so long but im just worried about application of the wax to underneath the brow area would i apply it striaght so it doesnt have a shape to it or go with their natural line. i think im going to start with the bit in the middle first then it might give me idea where to go after it lol. just the male client i have is use 2 having siscor over comb of the area i have got an eyebrow brush and sisscors as ill probably have to trim the long ones to blend them in. any tips on how to applt the wax would be apreciated thankyou

another quick question do you tweeze male eyebrows too lol

I do a lot of mens brows and I do exactly the same as I do for women, and that's remove from the middle, top and underneath and I trim. HOWEVER, the big difference is that I make them masculine looking. There is an art to it. xxx

would you please care to share the art to it lol i'd love to know what is it do you tweeze too aswell then?

would you please care to share the art to it lol i'd love to know what is it do you tweeze too aswell then?

No.....not sharing LOL. Of course I will! What I really meant is that you develop an eye for it. Where to take hair out and where not to. I always perfect with tweezing. Waxing is just for stray hair. xxx

Hi ladies

I don't do any treatments on men but would like to offer brow shaping and maybe waxing, manicures and pedicures etc for those males who like to keep themselves well groomed. Any advice and costings for treatments?

Many thanks

Sophia x:lol::green:

Latest posts

Back