Male Clients- A Different Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireWalsh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How does your partner feel about you treating male clients, especially you massage therapists out there?

I have got quite a few male friends and colleagues, both gay and hetrosexual, that want to book in with me for massage treatments. However, my husband is horrified at the idea of me massaging another man. He completely trusts me, but he does not trust their intentions! He doesn't actually have anything to base this on, he has never even met most of these particular friends. I completely trust all of them.

I feel like I should respect my man's wishes, but I don't want to restrict myself or limit my client base. Who knows, my male friends may recommend me to their wives / sisters / friends etc which would obviously be a great opportunity to get my name out there. And it wouldn't really be fair on them if our girlfriends in the group get my treatments, but the boys don't simply because they have the wrong set of genitalia!

It's so frustrating, your opinions would be gratfully received!

My husband is exactly the same, although I don't do massage but I see his nostrils twitching when I mention I do a pedi for a man so I don't bother mentioning it now if I can avoid it.

It is probably down to the fact that they are not in our profession so can't get their head round the fact that it doesn't really matter to us whether it is a male or female who we are giving the treatment to.

I wouldn't dream of telling my hubby not to do any carpentry work for females.:|

My husband doesn't have a problem with male clients....I just tell him they are all gay when I spray them:) Problem solved.
And the only mani/pedi male clients I have had lived in sheltered accomodation....so he doesn't worry about me running off into the sunset with any pensioners either.
Like you say you may lose out on potential business from recommendations...

Last edited:
My husband doesn't mind at all.

Aww hun know how you feel, my partner doesnt like the fact that i may get a male client for a spray tan (even though he wont have one himself he needs one lol ) me seeing their body he does trust me but not the men, i think some reassurance will do, its all about trust let him know that no matter what these men may try with you, you want to say no to other men, and that you will not continue to massage a male client if they start to get a bit frisky, hope u can get it sorted hunii xx

My hubby doesn't mind either - a client is a client

my husband isn't happy about the fact that I treat, albeit 1/4 of my clients are men!

we both agreed, when I was mobile, I wouldn't do male clients, unless it was a double booking with their partner/wife.

Now I'm in established venues I happily take male clients. My husband has decided not to think about it, and he trusts me, its THEM that he has a problem with.
At least I always have someone one the premises when I am massaging men.

Also, I have been massaging for a decade, and I have never had a problem face to face with clients. the wrong type of client doesn't get past the phone, as they usually check that you are up for extra services before actually turning up.

I have a few male clients... I don't think my o/h is very keen (he doesn't say much, it's more the way he looks) but for some reason I wear the trousers in the relationship and tbh I don't think he would tell me what I can or can't do. Shame.

However, in a different relationship I might feel differently.

A client did kind of make a pass at me the other day, in an old fashioned way, I didn't feel threatened, just p*ssed off that I didn't fancy him, lol

My husband doesn't have a problem at all. As long as I'm safe thats all that matters. If the boot was on the other foot then I would trust him too, but neither of us are the jealous type.

When i was working at a health spa some years ago,a client was absolutely mortified to have a man massage her:(....i was asked to massage the client...and i was very ticked off....i just abhor ignorance and stupidity:irked:

My husnabnd has no problems with me massaging or treating men for treatments....and i have no problem with him treating women,as he is a sports therapist...

I have one male client though that refuses point blank to be treated by a male therapist...but then again he is a flirt with women,and whatever he says to me goes right over my head...i tell it to him straight,i do not stand for no nonsense....LOL:green:...he would never cross the line,and it is just banter...all talk and no trousers as my grandma would say...:eek::lol:

My ex made a few comments when I started working with a football team. I found it very disrespectful on his part to make comments and assumptions. He's a personal trainer so I put it back on him about his female clients. He apologised and didn't mention it again. 3/4 of my clients are male and I wouldn't have given up my client base even if he asked.
Most of my clients are attached and because I'm mobile, the wife\gf is usually home when I get there. I also do a lot of couple massages. Any partner I have in the future has to realise that this is what I do to pay my rent, I'm good at what I do and I enjoy it. If they don't like it than that's tough for them. A client is a client regardless of gender.

Hiya

My hubby would not dare say a thing, he was a Fire Fighter, you can only guess what he was like when they had call out's to ladies in need:smack:

I was in a night club with hubby a whhile back and a guy asked me to dance, i said no thank you, my hubby said i should dance with him as he took the time to ask. I did dance wiith this man, as i did'nt know what to say to that, my hubby came over half way through the dance tapped me on the shoulder and said "I'll meet u outside i'm going to get our coats from the cloakroom" The guy i was dancing with could not believe that he was my husband as was ok with me dancing with him. I have to say this worries me that he may not care if i ran off with another man:cry:

Jenx
www.advnacedbeautyclinic.com
semi-permanet makeup and cosmetics
hair reduction and facial rejuvenation clinic's
warwickshie, west midlands and staffordshire

Thanks for all your views guys, I no longer feel that I'm being an inconsiderate witch!

He'll probably sulk for a while but hopefully it shouldn't last too long!

I was in a night club with hubby a whhile back and a guy asked me to dance, i said no thank you, my hubby said i should dance with him as he took the time to ask. I did dance wiith this man, as i did'nt know what to say to that, my hubby came over half way through the dance tapped me on the shoulder and said "I'll meet u outside i'm going to get our coats from the cloakroom" The guy i was dancing with could not believe that he was my husband as was ok with me dancing with him. I have to say this worries me that he may not care if i ran off with another man:cry:

see, I read that situation differently. He came up halfway through the dance to 'claim you', he was telling the other man that you were with him, and that it would go no further. Sounds like it turned him on a bit watching you with another man, but then felt that he had to be all manly and whisk you away!

see, I read that situation differently. He came up halfway through the dance to 'claim you', he was telling the other man that you were with him, and that it would go no further. Sounds like it turned him on a bit watching you with another man, but then felt that he had to be all manly and whisk you away!
I viewed it that way aswell....i am not sure if he was turned on or not though:eek::lol:....maybe he had a pang of jelousy...:|

I think views of beauty treatments on men are way overdue,in educating men,unfortunately,it will take some time.but eventually things can change if we let it:)

it's 2008 , I cant believe people are so damn square :eek:

when i began my massage training my partnner tried to have a go about treating male clients

i simply told him to grow up and stop being so silly and that soon put an end to it

i love what i do and my partner has to understand that, a client is a client not matter what their sex is

My husband reckons that any man whos brave enough to come to me wants his head tested:green:

Latest posts

Back