Male facial waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
Ladies, have any of you ever waxed a mans face in its entirety?
Ive never been asked before, until today. A portugese man called in saying he wanted it done and gets it done regularly in Portugal. I imagine this would be extremely painful, he is very dark haired.
If you have done this, how much did you charge?

Ladies, have any of you ever waxed a mans face in its entirety?
Ive never been asked before, until today. A portugese man called in saying he wanted it done and gets it done regularly in Portugal. I imagine this would be extremely painful, he is very dark haired.
If you have done this, how much did you charge?
Hi Suzanne
I only wax male clients and my facial includes ears, nostril brows, hairline and cheekbones. I often get requests from clients asking for full face waxing or beard waxing ...

I don't wax the beard as in my opinion it hurts too much as the hair is often very coarse and deep rooted. It can bleed a lot as well and there is a risk of it scarring.

So it's not something I would do ... Especially as your client is Mediterranean then he probably has strong dark facial hair !
Good luck...

I have done full facial waxing many times but the results are not as the client thinks (hopes ) they're going to be. Waxing a guys full beard doesn't mean that they will be hair free for a couple of weeks.........that's what they think will happen. Even after I've explained this fully they still wanted to try it so I did it.

The results are that the hair still grows back quickly but it's quite soft. The awful thing about it is that when it grows back it looks very untidy as though it's growing every which way. Don't worry though because once they start shaving again it goes back to looking very uniform.

If you use hot wax and are very experienced it doesn't hurt any more than a woman having a Brazilian wax but the trick is to follow exactly the direction of hair growth and apply your strips no wider than a spatula.

I have a number of guys come to me to get the lower part of their beard that grows down their neck waxed as this really helps with spots and ingrown hairs. I finish in a perfect line along their jawline and it looks great.

HTH's

Thank you so much. He told me he has had it done many times and his beard does look softer than my husbands (who is fair), and with this man being dark, that must be the explanation, that he has been doing it and it's started growing back finer.

Latest posts

Back