Male Grooming | Man Vs. Food: The Fragrance Trend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted on Salon Geek's Twitter and Facebook pages about the new fragrance from Pizza Hut (yes, you read that correctly) that makes men smell like, well, the inside of Pizza Hut. Ladies, control yourself. While I'm sure that the thought of that makes you go fizzy with excitement (sarcasm noted), wait until you hear what else I've found.

American company, J&D's Food, is run by Justin Esch and Dave Lefkow; self-confessed 'bacontrepreneurs'. Their company is founded on a very simple principle: "Everything should taste like bacon." Obviously, right? Wrong. Very wrong.

Their latest offering is bacon-scented shaving cream which, they claim, will make men "smell and feel like a champion." I'm sure it will, if by 'champion' they mean bus boy in your local fried meat cafe. They even go as far as to describe the product as 'high end' and 'luxury'. I can only imagine they mean this in the same way Sainsbury's do when they advertise their 'Taste The Difference' pork chops.

Funnily enough, Esch and Lefkow have shown some business sense by only creating 2,500 jars which, admittedly, will probably (hopefully!) sell as jokey Christmas presents. But Lefkow remains committed to his idea, "This is something every bacon-loving male needs. You're going to smell good, you're going to feel good and you're probably going to taste good."

I just threw up in my brain.

If however, this sounds like something you could get on board with then head over to J&D's Foods, where you can get pretty much anything you want in bacon flavour.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 13.05.12.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 13.05.12.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 211
:lol: this will be about as popular as bacon-scented soap, bacon flavored gum, and bacon vodka!

Sounds disgusting!!... lol..
Give me a splash of Tom Ford any day!!
Im sure it will not be on too many guys christmas wish list..

VOM.

If my man smelled like meat all the time I think I'd turn vegetarian...

Wow! They have bacon lip balm! Nothing says "romantic" like tasting bacon kisses!

Yesterday I posted on Salon Geek's Twitter and Facebook pages about the new fragrance from Pizza Hut (yes, you read that correctly) that makes men smell like, well, the inside of Pizza Hut. Ladies, control yourself. While I'm sure that the thought of that makes you go fizzy with excitement (sarcasm noted), wait until you hear what else I've found.

American company, J&D's Food, is run by Justin Esch and Dave Lefkow; self-confessed 'bacontrepreneurs'. Their company is founded on a very simple principle: "Everything should taste like bacon." Obviously, right? Wrong. Very wrong.

Their latest offering is bacon-scented shaving cream which, they claim, will make men "smell and feel like a champion." I'm sure it will, if by 'champion' they mean bus boy in your local fried meat cafe. They even go as far as to describe the product as 'high end' and 'luxury'. I can only imagine they mean this in the same way Sainsbury's do when they advertise their 'Taste The Difference' pork chops.

Funnily enough, Esch and Lefkow have shown some business sense by only creating 2,500 jars which, admittedly, will probably (hopefully!) sell as jokey Christmas presents. But Lefkow remains committed to his idea, "This is something every bacon-loving male needs. You're going to smell good, you're going to feel good and you're probably going to taste good."

I just threw up in my brain.

If however, this sounds like something you could get on board with then head over to J&D's Foods, where you can get pretty much anything you want in bacon flavour.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

This concept makes me want to vom so hard, grossssss!

I would dunk the founders tackle in it a feed him to the pigs.mined you would they eat there own kind lol

Well, I don't know.

If Johnny Depp were wearing a Pizza inspired scent, I'd be tempted to lick him.

Just sayin'.....

Well, I don't know.

Just sayin'.....

I'm scared to ask what you'd do with a bacon scented Shemar :lol:

These guys are awesome! It's a great business idea for the gift market. Secret Santa heaven!!

Well, I don't know.

Just sayin'.....

Massively fair point here!

Latest posts

Back