Male intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwasdall

Reaction score
Is male intimate waxing popular?

I’m thinking of training in this type of waxing.

Any help greatly appreciated xx

Yes. Very popular. I am inundated with male clients calling for waxing. Which area are you in?

I’m in Essex x

I had a male contact me but I don’t do Male intimate.

It’s really popular and your clients are very loyal. Elite Wax Group do Male Intimate Waxing. It’s a 1 day course and includes a kit. I’d definitely recommend Natalie the trainer. You also get a DVD to take away which includes various clients and some with piercings

Kim Lawless 10000%

Hi, I'm signed up for Kim lawless male intimate waxing for August … cant wait !

@sophiajade how did you find the male waxing class?

I did the female one the day before and I loved it. Was so tempted to do the male one the next day. Kinda sorry now I didn’t.

Just wondering as a male therapist do you think there would be much call for me to offer male intimate waxing? Im thinking of offering this in addition of my skin treatments.

Just wondering as a male therapist do you think there would be much call for me to offer male intimate waxing? Im thinking of offering this in addition of my skin treatments.

There are male waxers who do offer male intimate waxing and I’d imagine there will be men who would prefer a male waxer. Can’t do any harm to give it a go. I don’t offer male intimate waxing and haven’t bothered with the training as I live in a small village within a residential area and might raise a few eyebrows. Plus I don’t want to encourage unwanted ‘seedy’ gossip [emoji23]but I do offer female intimate waxing which is popular. At least as a male you won’t have to consider the neighbours views. [emoji23]

There are male waxers who do offer male intimate waxing and I’d imagine there will be men who would prefer a male waxer. Can’t do any harm to give it a go. I don’t offer male intimate waxing and haven’t bothered with the training as I live in a small village within a residential area and might raise a few eyebrows. Plus I don’t want to encourage unwanted ‘seedy’ gossip
emoji23.png
but I do offer female intimate waxing which is popular. At least as a male you won’t have to consider the neighbours views.
emoji23.png

Haha I live in a small community so I may get some raised eye brows, I might consider just doing skin care and facials for the time being until I move at least!

There are male waxers who do offer male intimate waxing and I’d imagine there will be men who would prefer a male waxer. Can’t do any harm to give it a go. I don’t offer male intimate waxing and haven’t bothered with the training as I live in a small village within a residential area and might raise a few eyebrows. Plus I don’t want to encourage unwanted ‘seedy’ gossip [emoji23]but I do offer female intimate waxing which is popular. At least as a male you won’t have to consider the neighbours views. [emoji23]

Just so you you can have a larger perspective about this. Imagine if there were the only doctor in a small town and you happened to be male. Your policy is that you don't do mammograms or female genital exams because - well - people might gossip. Now - sure - no-one is going to die from your policy of not serving male customers, but it is every bit as discriminatory as the example I just gave. But because it's done to dudes, it's funny instead of being outrageous - which it is.

No, I choose not to train in male intimate waxing because of my personal views and circumstances and so I am not qualified.

Just so you you can have a larger perspective about this. Imagine if there were the only doctor in a small town and you happened to be male. Your policy is that you don't do mammograms or female genital exams because - well - people might gossip. Now - sure - no-one is going to die from your policy of not serving male customers, but it is every bit as discriminatory as the example I just gave. But because it's done to dudes, it's funny instead of being outrageous - which it is.

Yes agreed, therapist is in their title for a reason - it’s not an erotic message it’s a Theraputic message. When I get mine monthly - I find I walk more freely with more bounce in my step, can bend easier, not to mention feel more relaxed.

I am thankful my therapist (who works from her house, alone) doesn’t take this stance. She is also an Esthetician, so she also does my male waxing and sometimes facials.

maybe things are different here in US, thankfully so….Been seeing her for years and never an issue…

If anyone does male waxing in yorkshire please contact me thanks

Is male intimate waxing popular?

I’m thinking of training in this type of waxing.

Any help greatly appreciated xx

Quick answer yes, it's a growing area and very lucrative..... Long answer is if you live in a city you are likely to be busy because of the volume of male clients. I've done male waxing on and off since I qualified with a break in between because of a bad experience when I was 19 (not waxing related... massage related), and have a good few hundred regular clients. It has plus' and minus' being a gay male therapist. Straight guys are absolutely fine and often joke I'm the only guy they'll let handle their tackle.... I've even had their girlfriends in with us giving them support. It's often very entertaining and you have to laugh along with them. The majority of time there in, done and out with no problems. Then on the other side I get lots of enquiries and have had some rather inappropriate requests before, during and after treatments (You can guess)! Like most professions you have to quickly develop some street smarts and a thick skin and deal with it other wise you'll not last. I'm at the stage in my career where I'm very lucky in that I don't need to advertise and I have enough existing clients who are regular. I couldn't take any more on, but because it's an area which could develop I have considered taking on another male waxer. This is going to take up time because of training and coaching on how to deal with the different situations that can pop up..... One of the most important things though is to keep it STRICTLY PROFESSIONAL sounding and when they are in your treatment room everything is set up and done professionally.
So yes very lucrative but very tricky to put into practice in a logistical sense because of all the variables involved!

Hope this helps

Nicky

Yes it's very popular, I'm actually struggling to find people that do it now so if anyone is offering this near Preston Lancashire please let me know!

Thanks

Very popular here in states - most places do male intimate waxings here. A dollar is a dollar…

Increasingly seeing males of all ages….they want to be neat there as well…Male client percentages are catching up with woman percentages…

Latest posts

Back