Male Nail Biter Full Set Pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had my male nail biter back in today to have the acrylic he already had on removed and for me to put a new set on to match the two I did yesterday.

The white looks whiter in the photographs and I will have some yellow to put into the custom blend when he returns in two weeks :biggrin:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/redsadie-albums-my+male+nail+biter.html

All of his nails were like the one in the first photo. I didn't use forms or sellotape, I just applied the scrylic over the top of what nail he had as he isn't used to any length and he is a carpenter. He was really pleased with the result! :biggrin:

Let me know what you think?

xx

I think you've done a great job. Making them uneven and fitting the finger is very realistic. The only change, in my opinion, I think you should make in addition to a much less white edge is to straighten the smile. Nice looking mens nails have a straight smile for some reason. The smile makes them look a bit too 'pretty' :biggrin:

Having no white edge could even work better?

I think you've done a great job. Making them uneven and fitting the finger is very realistic. The only change, in my opinion, I think you should make in addition to a much less white edge is to straighten the smile. Nice looking mens nails have a straight smile for some reason. The smile makes them look a bit too 'pretty' :biggrin:

Having no white edge could even work better?

Thanks Mum :biggrin:

I had thought about having no white free edge at all but in an earlier post of mine someone said they had tried it and it looked horrid, so I went with the smile.

I see what you are saying too about the smile line, when he comes back I'll see how they are and make a decision to either go with no white free edge or to make a straighter one.

Which, in your opinion, would look better?

Thanks again :biggrin:

Sarah. xx

Well if you imagine what a nail would look like if it were below the end of the finger tip it wouldn't have a whiter free edge (cos nail still attached to nail bed).

I think I would try without an edge as you could always add a very soft off white tiny line if it doesn't look right.

I recently did a similar thing for a well known person who has no nails due to psoriasis and was making a video with close ups on his hands. I used a custom blend base to disguise the destroyed nail plates and added a minute straight line of a slightly whiter version of the blend just below the level of the finger. I didn't buff to a shine and it looked good and he was very happy (picked it all off after a few days but the it was needed for a different reason! Lol)

Thanks Marion :biggrin:

I think I'll skip the white and see what it looks like, then take it from there.

I don't suppose you would be able to post a picture of the well known persons hands would you so I can see his nails (pretty please if you have one :))

Thanks again, you have made me feel better about doing them for him as I have never done a nail biter. I hope he stops biting around the nails too!

xx

Great work, im a nail bitter too so i wear gels i find they stopped me biting them also

Thanks Marion :biggrin:

I think I'll skip the white and see what it looks like, then take it from there.

I don't suppose you would be able to post a picture of the well known persons hands would you so I can see his nails (pretty please if you have one :))

Thanks again, you have made me feel better about doing them for him as I have never done a nail biter. I hope he stops biting around the nails too!

xx

Lol. No I don't have a pic. It was for a video and I can't post a link as he wouldn't want the 'false nails' fact known! I do lots of 'secret stuff' and don't let on

Aw, I thought as much :D

Nevermind, I'll watch out for any male stars in videos and really keep an eye on their nails, lol!

Thanks for your words and encouragement, you never know, I may eventually become the 'go to girl' for male nail biters in my area :D

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your business!

Thanks again. Xx

Wow! they look really good, kudos to you for doing such a great good:biggrin:

I would have to agree though that the F/E is a bit too white for a guy, I do think he needs a F/E though cause all nails have a F/E, even guys nails but they tend to be a bit more yellow/stained colour to use girlies:biggrin:

So I reckon if you make them just a tad more yellow/browny and not so white, they will rock!!!

I can see why he would be very happy, it looks like you have yourself a new client and so you should.

Keep us posted to how he does with stopping biting them and any changes you make at future appt's, I would love to see how this progresses.

Thanks Wooshka (cool name :))

I will keep updating for sure and I know what you're saying about the FE, I think I'm just going to play it by eye, lol.

Xx

Latest posts

Back