Male nail bitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maria_nailTech

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I cannot upload a photo, but it is about a young man who bites his nails. He told me a girlfriend of his had done an acrylic overlay to help him stop biting his nails but he ate the acrylic too. I suggested to start using cuticle oil. I was thinking of IBX but what is the point if he doesn't stop biting. What is your experience with male nail bitters?

If he bites the acrylic off too, I can't imagine anything is going to last! If he really wants to stop biting them, maybe try one of the anti-nail biting solutions you paint on that taste bitter? i should think he needs to get out of the habit of biting them first though, otherwise any coverings you put on are just going to be bitten off! (Although I'm sure cuticle oil would be beneficial - does he chew his cuticles too?!)

My daughter is a nail biter. I have to say the bitter tasting stuff didn't really work as it mainly washed off after the first hand wash and she never bothered reapplying after! I do apply nail tips for her and she has got better, but in times of stress (she's a teenager, she often gets stressed!!) she nibbles the ends until they flare out like ducks feet and split!! I have tried applying a hard gel overlay to her natural nails, but like your client, they get bitten off quite quickly. It's very frustrating! I wish I knew how to make her stop!

Thank you for your response. No, he doesn't chew his cuticles but they are in a very bad condition and his nails are very thin. That's why I thought the oil might help. Nail biting is a problem really difficult to be solved :(

Latest posts

Back