Male nail techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Are there many male techs in our industry?

If not, why not?

Of course there are...

There are loadssss!

Anthony Buckley, Danny haile, ketan patel just to name a few of them all of these have been nail champions there are loads!

Meekly raises my hand....

Plus Sam Sweet. Tom Bachick. Tom Halcomb (rip) and many more.

Follow the comp circuit and you'll find many more..

Meekly raises my hand....

Plus Sam Sweet. Tom Bachick. Tom Holcomb (rip) and many more.

Follow the comp circuit and you'll find many more..

Plus yourself, Allen!! (I know everyone thinks Allen is a girl but HE'S NOT)!! :Love:

Tom Holcomb was the other one I was thinking but I couldn't remember his surname, rip indeed very talented
Man as are the others u mentioned.

Plus yourself, Allen!! (I know everyone thinks Allen is a girl but HE'S NOT)!! :Love:

Oooooh sorry I thought u were female! Nice to see a male on the forum!

I was asking because OH is wanting to become one. Would women feel happy though?

i was trying to get my oh involved but he feels out of place, jamie nunn is another there are loads if he feels confident then why not

Quite right... Thanks Geeg :)

To be a male in this industry only takes the courage to be confident in yourself.... Yes we get a bit of ribbing from other 'blokes' but oh well. That's their problem IMO ... :)

Just think of male hairdressers and then ask yourself if you are comfortable going to one ... That's how clients will treat a male nail tech...

I taught the husband of one of my educators to do nails ... He is an ex rugby semi professional player and all man, trust me ... They now run the most successful nail salon here on the Costa Blsnca! The clients adore him. He manages to get it just right. All the older ladies treat him like their son and all the younger ones wish they could find one like him! Great father, great husband and son and a pretty good technician too! :Love:

I was asking because OH is wanting to become one. Would women feel happy though?

Mr dellaznailz does an amazing manicure and his smiles lines are coming along slowly but surely. We have done many pamper evenings and charity events together and women love him treating them . They all say they wish their husbands would take more care of themselves!

I think a lot of the time women assume that other women wouldnt be comfortable having any kind of treatment performed by a man. But speaking as a male Stylist and Beauty Therapist I've not found one lady yet who cared. At first they find it a novelty that its a man doing their brows or pedicure etc but then they all say "why not?" "why shouldnt men do it?"
Also I'm training in nail enhancements at the moment and have had great feedback from ladies that they trust men more and find men more attentive
Woop!

I has a male tech sort my nails in Vegas before mu wedding. I cracked a tip on the seatbelt on the plane :'( and he was so good! Better than the female who put them on in the uk. It was the first time I had seen a male do anything in the beauty industry.

It's similar to male midwives. Women always say before hand how they don't want one but as long as they do a good job and get the baby here safely it doesn't matter the sex of the person

I taught the husband of one of my educators to do nails ... He is an ex rugby semi professional player and all man, trust me ... They now run the most successful nail salon here on the Costa Blsnca! The clients adore him. He manages to get it just right. All the older ladies treat him like their son and all the younger ones wish they could find one like him! Great father, great husband and son and a pretty good technician too! :Love:

Sorry to totally go off ye subject but are you based working in costa blanca or can you recommend a good salon for nails and stuff? In getting married in Altea next year but will be staying in Javea and I'd like to treat my bridesmaids before the wedding, be nice to do it while we are away instead of before we go! :)

Sorry to totally go off ye subject but are you based working in costa blanca or can you recommend a good salon for nails and stuff? In getting married in Altea next year but will be staying in Javea and I'd like to treat my bridesmaids before the wedding, be nice to do it while we are away instead of before we go! :)
I most certainly can. Right in Javea. Send ma a pm and I will message you the details.

Latest posts

Back