Male pedicure question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello, i have got a booking for a two pedicures for husband and wife, only ever done my husbands feet and they are lovely to start with! I am a bit worried of what to expect , i dont think they are young so i am imagining curly hoofs like my dads, any tips on what to do? I am happy with massage exfoliate and removing hard skin, its the toe nails i am worried about!Have had thick nails before and normally file to shape but i just remember my dads curling over whats the best way to deal with that?:confused:

When doing a pedicure and encountering thick/super curved nails I either just try to file them down or use a pair of nippers to cut them......this way I can cut a bit at a time ......and not hurt the client......

But I mostly just pray for good feet as well.......:rolleyes:
Good luck!

I would do what I can and then send them to a chiropodist if they still need work. Just make sure you explain at the beginning what you will be able to achieve :hug:

Thanks for the advice , i am sure i can cope but feel like people think i can work miracles and it takes me much longer than expected.I am a perfectionist and soft! i really want to please so maybe take more time and end up earning less money! I am mobile and finding the going to new clients worrying as dont know what to expect, any tips for managing time , as one lady wanted to bring her washing in between treatments because it was going to rain! Thus making it later! Should i have made her washing get wet!:cry:

I'm a soft touch too and mobile so can offer no advise except leave plenty of time between bookings! I allow 1hr 15 mins for my pedicure as I like to do it as best I can. I actually usually find there is less work to do on male clients feet, they just love the massage and pampering. :hug:

Don't worry. I used to do an elderly couple that would come intogether to get thier feet done. The guys toenails were thick but they didnt expect miracles. I think the massage and a little clean up was the main reason they used to come in other then spending time doing something together. They were actually a real joy despite the difficulty with the toenails. I was asked to come back in to work on them again after I had graduated and I didnt hesitate. Just take it like you would any other client and here is a trick for stinky feet my instructor told me about. Put a drop of your favorite scented oil on the collar of your coat. Any time you need a breather just turn your head and make it look like you are itching your nose a little.

What a good idea doesnt your nose always start itching when you cant get to it!:lol:

Latest posts

Back