Male shaving help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, finally getting round to post again!

I do cut throat shaves and use The Shave Doctor products. I have a lot of gents coming in with the same problem who have noticed a improvement after using the Facial Scrub Wash, Shave Creme and Moisturazor. The products have a fresh smell so suit both guys and girls.

Where are you based? It might be worth finding a therapist in your area to have a look and maybe get a shave with..?

As someone who is experienced in shaving professionally, would you recommend shaving against the hair or the same direction as the hair?

As someone who is experienced in shaving professionally, would you recommend shaving against the hair or the same direction as the hair?

I shave once with and then once against, but only after using hot towels and the right products to soften the beard. Your blade also needs to be sharp so that you're not pulling on the hair, which can can irritation and always follow up with cooling and moisturising products.

Where are you? I can try and find a therapist near you if you like?

Last edited:
Hi, "King of Shaves" do a shaving oil for men with very sensitive skin Boots stock it, apparently according to a couple of my clients husbands who faces used to rash up badly, this stuff solved their problem.

Just apply it to wet skin and shave as normal.

It's worth a shot

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, "King of Shaves" do a shaving oil for men with very sensitive skin Boots stock it, apparently according to a couple of my clients husbands who faces used to rash up badly, this stuff solved their problem.

Just apply it to wet skin and shave as normal.

It's worth a shot

Many thanks. I had a look for the oil at lunchtime and found there are 3 different versions all for sensitive skin. One has silicon added, another has menthol added and then there is the original. I think the original might be best to start with it having less added extras. Nice to see it says 'no razor burn' on the packaging...hope it lives up to it!

I shave once with and then once against, but only after using hot towels and the right products to soften the beard. Your blade also needs to be sharp so that you're not pulling on the hair, which can can irritation and always follow up with cooling and moisturising products.

Where are you? I can try and find a therapist near you if you like?

Thanks for the info. Im probably too anxious to let anyone else shave me!

Many thanks. I had a look for the oil at lunchtime and found there are 3 different versions all for sensitive skin. One has silicon added, another has menthol added and then there is the original. I think the original might be best to start with it having less added extras. Nice to see it says 'no razor burn' on the packaging...hope it lives up to it!

Good luck :)

Thanks for the info. Im probably too anxious to let anyone else shave me!

I understand. It might still be worth getting some advice from someone who can look at your skin properly. Doesn't necessary mean they'd have to shave too. Hope you get it sorted :)

The saga continues...

I got the King of Shaves oil yesterday - with Silicon as couldn't get the original and didn't want menthol incase it stung.

So I gave it a try this morning and it does give a very close shave which is great but the rash is worse.

The saga continues...

I got the King of Shaves oil yesterday - with Silicon as couldn't get the original and didn't want menthol incase it stung.

So I gave it a try this morning and it does give a very close shave which is great but the rash is worse.

Oh dear :-(

Maybe seeing a dermatologist might help, or even shed some light on it for you.

Is it an actual shaving rash or could you be allergic to an ingredient in these products?

Oh dear :-(

Maybe seeing a dermatologist might help, or even shed some light on it for you.

Is it an actual shaving rash or could you be allergic to an ingredient in these products?

That's a good idea about a dermatologist thanks. I think I will look into that at some point.

When I had the shave this morning and looked properly in a bigger mirror I could have just sat down and cried at what I saw. However, I used the witch hazel and by mid-afternoon it had cleared a bit.

I will continue with the shaving oil though and see how I get on. The beauty of it is that I had such a lovely close shave. Even now after about 14 hours the regrowth is far less than normal.

Latest posts

Back