Male Therapists - Some Interesting Articles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
Hi, I've just read the massage and bodywork article and have found it really interesting for both men and women. As with everything else in life we are all so different (therapist and clients included) no one person can be right for everyone.

I have had a male client say to me that they nearly didn't come to me as they thought I wouldn't be able to give a deep enough massage as I was a women (he's a regular who comes fortnightly now).
I had another client who said that his wife only ever goes to male therapists because she would feel "funny" if a women massaged her.
I've had conversations with male friends who say they would be too embarrassed to be massaged by me, just in case they got an erection (inadvertently).
I've had female clients say they don't like their body and find it hard enough for me to see them, let alone a man.

So as everyone has their own preconceived ideas whether your male or female I just try to present myself in as professional way as possible, never joke about my job and always appear confident. This way hopefully nobody gets the wrong idea, they feel that they can trust me and the fact that I'm female has nothing to do with my job.

Latest posts

Back