Male treatment flyers, what do men like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riva

Reaction score
I've decided to design some male specific flyers. For a few reasons, one of which is that our female one is too girly. I've designed quite a few and asked around but its not been very useful feedback at all. Besides one where I showed them an image of a 30 something with mask on and the men immediately understood that it was a 'beauty' type place. In all fairness I didn't show clients but random business owners (men). As female, we don't see things the way they do I think. So now that I'm back to square one, any tips on what men 'get'? I'm even changing the descriptions to be more targeted to the men from mars brain...

Last edited:
Also, research top ten/high end barbers on Facebook/Instagram etc. to see how they market their services.

We guys love hot towel treatments while getting a cut, beard shaping, facial waxing - it all depends on how far you are willing to go with treatments - Definitely check out some barbering pages!

We guys love hot towel treatments while getting a cut, beard shaping, facial waxing - it all depends on how far you are willing to go with treatments - Definitely check out some barbering pages!

Facial Waxing? You can count me out there I'm afraid.

We're actually doing only facials and more invasive stuff eg PRP esp for hair loss and acne scarring; RF microneedling; botox/fillers, Plexr, meso and the usual others. I'm actually calling them and describing them slightly differently as the target market I asked were thoroughly confused until I showed them an image of a guy with face mask.

Also, research top ten/high end barbers on Facebook/Instagram etc. to see how they market their services.
Thanks. That's such a great idea. Will give me ideas on what kind of images work. : )

We are a late open, late close place but closed on weekends. When you say weekends are premium; do you mean they prefer weekends?
Not really. Often weekends are family time or taken up with hobbies. I think your average office worker (male or otherwise) would prefer weekends to taking time off work but anything that would take longer than could be squeezed into a lunchtime would ideally be done before or after work. I am not suggesting you start working from seven in the morning till ten at night every day but there may be something to trying one early start a week and seeing if the men come flooding in, particularly if you market it specifically at them. I think an early start might be more effective than a late finish (which you already do) because it can be very easy to be delayed leaving work and thus difficult to commit to an appointment. That said, there might be some merit with your flyers for pushing the late hours to men, 'after a hard day in the office...' etc but you don't want want to annoy what i presume is your main customer base (women) by implying that men work harder or are somehow more deserving of treatments so it would need to be worded carefully and has the potential to blow up in your face if you do it wrong.

Last edited:
Not really. Often weekends are family time or taken up with hobbies. I think your average office worker (male or otherwise) would prefer weekends to taking time off work but anything that would take longer than could be squeezed into a lunchtime would ideally be done before or after work. I am not suggesting you start working from seven in the morning till ten at night every day but there may be something to trying one early start a week and seeing if the men come flooding in, particularly if you market it specifically at them. I think an early start might be more effective than a late finish (which you already do) because it can be very easy to be delayed leaving work and thus difficult to commit to an appointment. That said, there might be some merit with your flyers for pushing the late hours to men, 'after a hard day in the office...' etc but you don't want want to annoy what i presume is your main customer base (women) by implying that men work harder or are somehow more deserving of treatments so it would need to be worded carefully and has the potential to blow up in your face if you do it wrong.
That's certainly something to think about. Thanks for that. we have had requests for earlier hours but I haven't gotten round to it. Lunchtime and after work is certainly popular.

For the few male clients I have, they all choose week day appointments in the evening. Usually at 7 or 7.30 pm

Latest posts

Back