Male wanting naked spray tan, what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetyrex

Reaction score
I've not come across this since working for myself so would like to hear what you would do?!
I advertised spray tan on gumtree an had a text asking if I spray tan men about 2 weeks ago. I said I did and if he wanted to book an appointment I would ring him. He then text asking if I do full body all over which I thought he might be getting at naked so I politely text back that a spray tan would be a full body tan with underwear on and if needed I could provide disposable. He replied asking if I would do it nude which I am not comfortable with on a stranger! I know he might just not want tan lines but still I have no idea who this man is!
I replied back and said I don't offer nude tanning and apologised.

He has text me again this morning asking if I do spray tan on men! I replied by telling him I do and that he had asked me 2 weeks previous! I also reminded him it was not nude and he came back to saying a small paper thing is fine.
When I asked when he wanted an appointment he told me he doesn't mind wearing a paper thong but would I mind his pubic hairs not been covered up!

I have an uncomfortable feeling but he may just be nervous and I don't want to just say no. I was thinking of booking him in when my boyfriend is around.

What would you do? The text messages are a little strange but thy doesn't mean he is? Or should I go with my instinct?
Thanks geeks!

Go with your instincts! If you want to do it tell him your boyfriend will be present if his genuine it wont bother him.

I spray tan a lot of men they joke about being naked but wouldnt actually do it. They usually pull their boxers up their bum cheeks and pull the top down as low as they will go making their own thong iyswim without giving me a flash. One of them wears a tiny thong that still covers properly. Naked? Not a chance, I would feel too vunerable on my knees doing their legs lol

I've not come across this since working for myself so would like to hear what you would do?!
I advertised spray tan on gumtree an had a text asking if I spray tan men about 2 weeks ago. I said I did and if he wanted to book an appointment I would ring him. He then text asking if I do full body all over which I thought he might be getting at naked so I politely text back that a spray tan would be a full body tan with underwear on and if needed I could provide disposable. He replied asking if I would do it nude which I am not comfortable with on a stranger! I know he might just not want tan lines but still I have no idea who this man is!
I replied back and said I don't offer nude tanning and apologised.

He has text me again this morning asking if I do spray tan on men! I replied by telling him I do and that he had asked me 2 weeks previous! I also reminded him it was not nude and he came back to saying a small paper thing is fine.
When I asked when he wanted an appointment he told me he doesn't mind wearing a paper thong but would I mind his pubic hairs not been covered up!

I have an uncomfortable feeling but he may just be nervous and I don't want to just say no. I was thinking of booking him in when my boyfriend is around.

What would you do? The text messages are a little strange but thy doesn't mean he is? Or should I go with my instinct?
Thanks geeks!

Its a difficult one and his behaviour as you say may just be nerves and he could well be genuine

That said you really must do what you feel comfortable with as this is most important

If you do wish to proceed there are may safeguards you can put in place to make you feel completely at ease with the situation and it would be advisable if you could arrange for the application to be done while your boyfriend or someone you know is in attendance

These things,with the added feel good comfort of safety procedures in place normally work out fine and he could well become a good regular customer.

Do what you think is right and within your own comfort zone
HTH and good luck

Does he know your name?

If not try signing the text off with a name like Jim.

Then see if he texts back lol

Yes he knows my name!

I've actually just had a text telling me that his thong is very small and his pubic hair and part of his penis will be on show!
I'm not comfortable with that type of message!
I also spray tam and do other treatments on men but never had one since working for myself that has made me feel unsure.
Ive decided not to do it after the last message and again politely told him he would need to be covered! No reply to that!

Thanks for your replies!

Having someone there is a very good idea, u wouldn't have a male client alone with a therapist in a salon so y not when ur mobile!! Go with ur gut xxx

Yes he knows my name!

I've actually just had a text telling me that his thong is very small and his pubic hair and part of his penis will be on show!
I'm not comfortable with that type of message!
I also spray tam and do other treatments on men but never had one since working for myself that has made me feel unsure.
Ive decided not to do it after the last message and again politely told him he would need to be covered! No reply to that!

Thanks for your replies!

well done for going with your instinct...its very important to do this....even though you may never know if all would be good its important to feel comfortable within your own comfort zone in these situations

I think you are definitley right to go with your gut instinct. what i would also say is that your insurance states when spraying the opposite sex that they require another male to be present, does he mind if your husband is present but he will have to check his shifts at the station first :p.

I know you have said no, but I guarantee he will be back on the phone, i suggest you block his mobile number.

I had one like this last year. I made a thread about it but have copied it here for you:

I received a text asking if i spray tanned men and i replied saying yes i did, he then asked how much notice i would need. i then rang him to get more details from him and tell him you would really need 24 hours to exfoliate the skin, shave etc. i would say he sounded in his 40's. I asked him where he got my number from and asked him where he lived. as he lived in newcastle, i told him it was out of my area, but if he was willing to come to me (probably about 10-15 miles) I could do him at home. i know alarm bells should have rang then as there are absolutely loads of places in newcastle as well as lots of mobile therapists out there too.

after the phone call he text me to ask if i was ok with him wearing a paper thong from the last time he had a tan as his boxers were huge?! i told him that would be fine. then this was followed by about another 10 texts going on and on about this small paper thong, how it didnt leave much to the imagination and he didnt want to offend that he wasnt a perve blah blah. each time i text back telling him not to worry i wasnt offended. then he said he would prefer to be nude, so i thought, ok, maybe all those texts were seeing how the water lay for me to do nude,so i said lets just see if we are both comfortable on the day with that and take it from there. when i had spoke to him on the phone and asked was he having it for a special occasion he said he just wanted a bit of colour, so what difference would it make if he had thong lines? who was going to see them? I could understnad if you were going on holiday.

anyway more texts followed, like one after the other asking if i had done nude men before. he asked if it was spray or hand application and i thought this was a bit odd as initially he said he had a few spray tans before. and then came the corker!!!!!! he said, please dont get offended if i get an erection, its a guy thing x
I am sorry but that is not a guy thing, that is a pervy thing!, how could you get an erection while being jetted with freezing cold spray, its not the best feeling in the world! or maybe its just me?!

so i text back saying if he thought he was going to get an erection i would ask him to put his pants on or ask my husband to be present in the room. he text to say, he didnt mean to offend and said my hubby would be welcome to be present, then he text back a couple of minutes later saying, actually i dont want another man watching me nude when i have a tan. thank u anyway x

I could have text back and said i would have him standing in the tent and bring my husband behind the tent so he never would have seen him naked but i thought, thank god for that, think i have had a lucky escape!!!

what do you think?
out of interest of all of you who have ever sprayed men either in the nude or with a thong, how many have gotten an erection or even mentioned beforehand they might get an erection?

I have only ever sprayed one man, my brother lol when I was training,,, he was NOT in the buff obviously!! If a guy said things like that there is Noway i would of text bk!!! Men can be very strange people and having someone else around Is a very good idea xx

right your alarm bells are ringing. go with them. he may be genuine he may not but i have NEVER had a man text me his pubes and penis might be on show !!!

I spray a lot of men and women , they are all respectful. not one of them would send me such a text.

I wouldnt be doing it if I was you.

tigi

I think you are definitley right to go with your gut instinct. what i would also say is that your insurance states when spraying the opposite sex that they require another male to be present, does he mind if your husband is present but he will have to check his shifts at the station first :p.

I know you have said no, but I guarantee he will be back on the phone, i suggest you block his mobile number.

I had one like this last year. I made a thread about it but have copied it here for you:

I received a text asking if i spray tanned men and i replied saying yes i did, he then asked how much notice i would need. i then rang him to get more details from him and tell him you would really need 24 hours to exfoliate the skin, shave etc. i would say he sounded in his 40's. I asked him where he got my number from and asked him where he lived. as he lived in newcastle, i told him it was out of my area, but if he was willing to come to me (probably about 10-15 miles) I could do him at home. i know alarm bells should have rang then as there are absolutely loads of places in newcastle as well as lots of mobile therapists out there too.

after the phone call he text me to ask if i was ok with him wearing a paper thong from the last time he had a tan as his boxers were huge?! i told him that would be fine. then this was followed by about another 10 texts going on and on about this small paper thong, how it didnt leave much to the imagination and he didnt want to offend that he wasnt a perve blah blah. each time i text back telling him not to worry i wasnt offended. then he said he would prefer to be nude, so i thought, ok, maybe all those texts were seeing how the water lay for me to do nude,so i said lets just see if we are both comfortable on the day with that and take it from there. when i had spoke to him on the phone and asked was he having it for a special occasion he said he just wanted a bit of colour, so what difference would it make if he had thong lines? who was going to see them? I could understnad if you were going on holiday.

anyway more texts followed, like one after the other asking if i had done nude men before. he asked if it was spray or hand application and i thought this was a bit odd as initially he said he had a few spray tans before. and then came the corker!!!!!! he said, please dont get offended if i get an erection, its a guy thing x
I am sorry but that is not a guy thing, that is a pervy thing!, how could you get an erection while being jetted with freezing cold spray, its not the best feeling in the world! or maybe its just me?!

so i text back saying if he thought he was going to get an erection i would ask him to put his pants on or ask my husband to be present in the room. he text to say, he didnt mean to offend and said my hubby would be welcome to be present, then he text back a couple of minutes later saying, actually i dont want another man watching me nude when i have a tan. thank u anyway x

I could have text back and said i would have him standing in the tent and bring my husband behind the tent so he never would have seen him naked but i thought, thank god for that, think i have had a lucky escape!!!

what do you think?
out of interest of all of you who have ever sprayed men either in the nude or with a thong, how many have gotten an erection or even mentioned beforehand they might get an erection?

Funny you say that about an erection, I used to very regularly spray tan a younger man (Mid 20's) who was quite a distance away but didn't drive and gave me extra money for travelling as well as a tip. A full body spray tan used to cost him upwards of £30.00 and this is a couple of years ago. First visit was a bit worrying as all the previous criteria highlights but I went and his mum was there to chaperone her little angel. (Pheeew) Next visit mum not there as I had passed the test and we were a little more comfortable. He always wore boxers and I would always ask permission to move the waist band or touch his arm etc. Long story short, there was a defenite stirring in the loins on one occasion and I think he was more embarrassed than me. We ignored it and carried on as if nothing was amiss. You know what it's like, at first you think you are imagining it, then maybe you think you are just looking for problems then you realise OOOPs, Poor boy, to make things worse for him, he is gay and how does he explain a stirring when a middle aged woman is attending to him. LOL

Love him to bits and he must have had about 50 spray tans over the years but sadly has moved to Canada now

He must have been thinking happy thoughts on the day or the cold spray might have some unknown qualities

To be honest, I think he is acting a bit strangely - why does his pubic hair and part of his penis need to be on show?! A thong would suitably cover that area (which, hair is not going to tan anyway and I can't imagine a penis takes too well to tan either, so no need to have them out!!) and he would not get tan lines from a thong.

I would say that for health and safety reasons, you require both male and female clients' genital areas to be adequately covered and therefore if he is unable to do that, it would effect your insurance if you tanned him!! Obviously, I think that is probably rubbish but he won't know that and it gets you out of a tricky situation! Xx

I was unsure and perhaps going to give home the benefit of the doubt and just make it clear that when he arrived there would be someone else there or my boyfriend but as alarm bells were already starting to go off when he mentioned his 'bits' the alarms bell got louder so that's when I decided NO!
Fine in the earlier texts, thought he might be nervous but mentioning things like that is not nerves!
Thanks everyone!

what do you think?

Similar story to mine!

I've had this countless times, along with do u do 'extras' erm, No and No! I then ask what area are you? Oh sorry that is out of my catchment area... Thank you for your call.

I'd like to know when spray tan became code for prostitute (I say this to my friends haha) xx

I've had this countless times, along with do u do 'extras' erm, No and No! I then ask what area are you? Oh sorry that is out of my catchment area... Thank you for your call.

I'd like to know when spray tan became code for prostitute (I say this to my friends haha) xx

I havnt had this yet although I am waiting for it! Although in my day job I work for a building company so its mainly men and you can only think what the dirty s*ds have been saying in the office lol - good job I know them!

I would absolutely not entertain this dirty man any longer. His texts are inappropriate and he is certainly not genuine. He is just trying to shock you and probably is getting as big a kick out of you texting him back as he would if you actually went to spray him nude (yuck, yuck, yuck)!!

I'd cut all contact now, if he contacts you again don't give him any conditions i.e. boyfriend there or he has to be covered etc as you are just going round in circles and keeping his whole sordid little fantasy alive.

Sorry to be so blunt but that's just how I feel, can't stand these men that think they can make a mockery out of our industry - I once had a male massage client who all of a sudden whipped out his willy mid massage!! I gave him such a telling off i.e. how much training I'd done etc to be treated like this, I'm a professional , why did he think he had the right blah blah blah..... He quickly got dressed, looked very ashamed of himself, mumbled apologies threw a £50 tip (obviously what he was saving for his 'extras' - bleugh ) at me and ran out.

When I advertised on guntree and other free websites I constantly got men texting or ringing for tans with weird comments and voicemails I have now taken my number off them and haven't had any since xx

I would absolutely not entertain this dirty man any longer. His texts are inappropriate and he is certainly not genuine. He is just trying to shock you and probably is getting as big a kick out of you texting him back as he would if you actually went to spray him nude (yuck, yuck, yuck)!!

I'd cut all contact now, if he contacts you again don't give him any conditions i.e. boyfriend there or he has to be covered etc as you are just going round in circles and keeping his whole sordid little fantasy alive.

Sorry to be so blunt but that's just how I feel, can't stand these men that think they can make a mockery out of our industry - I once had a male massage client who all of a sudden whipped out his willy mid massage!! I gave him such a telling off i.e. how much training I'd done etc to be treated like this, I'm a professional , why did he think he had the right blah blah blah..... He quickly got dressed, looked very ashamed of himself, mumbled apologies threw a £50 tip (obviously what he was saving for his 'extras' - bleugh ) at me and ran out.

Well he didnt reply to my last text that said no I wont do it so if he does get in touch again I absolutly would not consider now!

When I advertised on guntree and other free websites I constantly got men texting or ringing for tans with weird comments and voicemails I have now taken my number off them and haven't had any since xx

I guess thats free advertising for you!
I have had some good bookings from them though!
i havent had a man like this before and if i end up with anymore then I'll have to come off them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back