Male waxing- advice using clippers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
I have a very hairy male client booked in next week for a chest and back wax.

I have waxed him before and, after lots of sweat and tears (mine and his) :eek:, I decided halfway through I should have used clippers first. We live and learn.

So, I'm definitely going to clipper first this time but I'm worried about keeping my wax pot hair free!

I plan to clipper with him sitting up then discard the couch roll and hope most of the trimmings will be collected there.

However, I speed wax using a metal spatula and am worried that there may be trimmings left on his body that will be picked up on the spat and end up in my wax pot.

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Any tips advice would be really appreciated.

I trim down to a grade 2 and yes you can get into a bit of a mess with clippings.

I put couch roll down, clipper, brush the hairs off the client and get them to stand up to remove the couch roll. I then use a muji lint roller ... It's a large one like a paint roller to pick up hairs on the towel.

Do the centre line first with non strip wax and then you can cover one side with wax before removing. I use disposable spatulas and never double dip so no problems with hair on wax. Have some at the ready incase you need to use them.

Mat

I have a very hairy male client booked in next week for a chest and back wax.

I have waxed him before and, after lots of sweat and tears (mine and his) :eek:, I decided halfway through I should have used clippers first. We live and learn.

So, I'm definitely going to clipper first this time but I'm worried about keeping my wax pot hair free!

I plan to clipper with him sitting up then discard the couch roll and hope most of the trimmings will be collected there.

However, I speed wax using a metal spatula and am worried that there may be trimmings left on his body that will be picked up on the spat and end up in my wax pot.

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Any tips advice would be really appreciated.

All sounds perfect also if you have a shower available after you have trimmed him works well. I would defo recommend using disposable spatulas for as much as I love my metal spatula I have laid it to rest a good few years ago I think clients are also aware of the double dipping. I use phd system which is perfect. :D

I don't use a towels. Just plastic couch cover and couch roll.

I don't want this to get into a debate about double dipping (these threads so often go off track)! So, although I love my metal spatula for covering large areas, I assume it would it be better if I used disposables for this client?

I don't use a towels. Just plastic couch cover and couch roll.

I don't want this to get into a debate about double dipping (these threads so often go off track)! So, although I love my metal spatula for covering large areas, I assume it would it be better if I used disposables for this client?

Yeh I defo think that will solve your worries :) think towels in the industry are a thing of the past. Hopping de-fuzzing :D

Yeh I defo think that will solve your worries :) think towels in the industry are a thing of the past. Hopping de-fuzzing :D

Whhoooppppssie typo happy de-fuzzing :D

Have to say for me towels ... Plastic isn't very nice to lie on.

I use towels for all my treatments except leg waxing cos I'm a messy monkey! Lol
So I think that side of it is a case of what works best for each person :)

And some good advice, I've not had to wax anyone particularly hairy but it will happen so this thread is very useful, thank you x

Latest posts

Back