Male waxing & couch roll!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxio

Reaction score
Hi everyone šŸ˜Š

I've had my male only waxing salon for a year now & I'm thinking that my paper couch roll that I roll out for each client is just rubbish, espesh with the weather heating up again guys sweat on it & it sticks to them & falls apart and I have to peel it off them at the end of the wax. Its a right faff. And I feel like if I'm doing like a full torso or back then brazillian it can't be good to stick to freshly waxed skin I imagine that paper fibers will get into clients pores & clog them up. Does anyone know of good couch roll that doesn't do that? Something more like that greaseproof paper for cooking than fibre roll I'm thinking.

Tia if anyone can help šŸ˜ƒ

Well done on building your successful business.

Itā€™s an expensive option but you could try scrummi spa sheets. Buy a small pack of 20 from Ellisons next time they have a 20% sale to try and then if you like them buy direct as it will work out cheaper.

Scrummi sheets work out around Ā£1.25 each so to save money you could cut the scrummi sheets in half and just cover the business end of your couch to absorb sweat and have couch roll underneath.

Or you could use a waterproof couch cover from majestic towels, without any paper towel and scrub the cover with wax remover and then a soap and water spray followed by your preferred sanitiser. Majesticā€™s covers donā€™t feel too plastic but Iā€™d recommend using white as the grey colour shows every imperfection and looks grubby even when youā€™ve scrubbed it thoroughly.

I use scrummi sheets cut into quarters. I use couch roll under the client and I ā€œblotā€ them with the scrummi sheet. They are very absorbent and I find this manages sweat puddles. I also use a light dusting of talcum powder. Check your air temperature doesnā€™t get too warm. I use a fan. Chaps like a cooler temperature than women. I aim for around 18Ā°C

For waxing I have a waterproof cover for my couch.
I get it from Dunelm - yes - plastic tablecloth fabric! but it is brilliant and lasts for several years despite the cleaning and sanitising chemicals used on it for each use. Choose a colour that goes with your salon decor.

Latest posts

Back