Managing appointments. How do you do yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fake it...

Reaction score
Morning!
Just a quickie but say you have two nail clients who you see separately every Thursday fortnightly One this week, one next etc.
You know that pretty much without fail these clients always have 11 am Thursday morning but a new client has called wanting an app in July on Thurs at 11am. The day before her hols. What do you do?
A. Book her in and explain to your regs that the app on that date isn't available or...
B. Tell newbie that the slot is already taken?
I'm sort of 50/50, should it be first come, first served and Newbie gets the slot or should I take the chance that my erg will want it providing nothing happens to stop her? (sickness, hols etc)
Any advice Geeks? xx

Can either client not come slightly earlier or later? I'd go first cone first serve x

i'd say first come first served too.

I have to disagree with my geeky colleagues here.

I'd try to get the new client to go earlier or later and explain the 11am slot is already booked.

If I was your existing regular, I'd be very irritated to lose my slot just because I hadn't booked two/three appts. in advance. It's almost like saying that you don't value her loyalty.

Also, to the new customer, it says you're busy and popular and not desperate, which is off-putting.

win:win :lol:

Can you not possibly contact your regular client who you would presume would want that particular appointment and say " i'm sorry to bother you, i have had a new client e?nquire about an appointmnet but i just wanted to check first with yourself as the appointment she has asked for would be one which i presume you will be wanting and i don't want to book her in if my regulr clients are wanting it?" something along those lines? that way your regular client will feel valued as you have offered her te chance to book her usual slot and you can then get back to your current client and tell them what appointments you have.

I would keep your regs in!! Bread and butter etc... Im sure the new one really can do 10 or 12!!! If u decide to take the new one make sure u get a contact number at least as it would be very annoying if u chose her and she didnt turn up (as you dont know her). Xx

I actually agree with Amore. Why not phone your regular and ask if she would like that slot or if she wouldn't mind having a slightly earlier or later appointment that day?

I would also ask your regular clients if they would like you to book them every other Thursday at 11am. Both myself and the hairdressers do this, so the client always has their appointment booked in, for example their waxing every fourth friday at 12 xx

I'd def call my regular. Sometimes I put provisional appointments in because they book nearer the time or on their last treatment with me and I book out one slot just to make sure. If I havnt heard from them by the beginning of the week (if it's at the end) for example I'll give that slot to someone else. Works well for me :)

I'd ask if your regulars would like to book 3-4 treatments in advance just incase anyone wants one and if for any reason they can't do their slot to let you know say 48hrs in advance so you can book someone else in.

I'm my experience all my regulars know how busy I am and fit in when I can fit them in if they choose not to book in in advance, i wouldn't want to loose a potential new client who I know I'd convert to a regular who could bring me even more potential new clients. Firstly I'd say I have 1pm that day if that's any good chances are it will be if she's says no can only do 11 I'd say that's fine I'll have a re jig of my diary and see what I can do, then offer her the 11am.

If I was your existing regular, I'd be very irritated to lose my slot just because I hadn't booked two/three appts. in advance. It's almost like saying that you don't value her loyalty.
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

The slot doesn't belong to anyone until it has a comfirmed name in it.

Unless you wish it to of course.

When you get very busy you will not be able to hold people's appointment slot's for them unless they physically book the time out with you.

You've been provided with lots of different views to help you decide.

Jacqui xx

Thanks folks!
My question was theoretical at the moment but I just wondered what everyone else do in such situations. Always good to be prepared should it arise.
xx

In all the years I have done beauty I have never had this sort of issue, I don't think you need to worry to be honest clients will fit in around you regular or new, clients may have a particular time of day they can come, but there's lots of days in a week to work with and evenings. I have never offended regulars by not fitting then in in the exact time day they want due to being booked but they have always been great full that Iv managed to fit them in an alternative time! X

I would also ask your regular clients if they would like you to book them every other Thursday at 11am. Both myself and the hairdressers do this, so the client always has their appointment booked in, for example their waxing every fourth friday at 12 xx[/QUOTE]
We do this with our regulars every time we get a new appointment book there booked in right the way through and they let us know in advance of holidays etc when they know their not available.

I would book the new client in and the regular can just make another appointment. I believe in loyalty too but if the client really wanted the appointment she would have booked earlier and I am sure she knows she is not your only client so she can't be angry with you if someone else is in her usual time slot since she didn't book the time out with you... Just my 2 cents xx

My regular always take first spot.

If a newbie try's to book in, she'll get what's available. x

Latest posts

Back