Managing unrealistic expectations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi all!

Sorry I feel like I've posted alot lately ...the busier I'm getting the more issues I get! Grrr

Ok so a client came in recently and asked for b2b foils and a rootmelt.

Mission accomplished by method : Low & slow.
Her hair was a base 6 with some patches of warmth , we achieved a clean level 10 and we were very happy. I done an olaplex treatment and gave the client aftercare advice such as advice going forward with colour, shampoo to use (I recommended kerastase) and a treatment weekly.

Her hair obviously took a hit. Errrr yeah that's what bleach does it dries the hair (I use blondeme). She's now complaining that her hair is breaking. I asked her to come in and actually her hair is absolutely fine! She needed approx 2 inches off.

She's now texting asking for more advise it's been 2 weeks.

But what makes it worse is her aunt is a hairdresser and I've since found out is a nightmare, reputation in the area for this behaviour asking for refunds from salons ect! She's filling her ears with all sorts and I'm getting the brunt of it.

Any advice welcome x

Her aunt is now sending verbal abuse!

Her aunt is now sending verbal abuse!

Just tell the aunt you cannot discuss this with her as she is not the client.

Reiterate the maintenance for your client and leave it at that, invite her in to assess if needed and remind her that her hair has been through a big process!

Aww Redlottie13 I read a few of your post recently, I didn't want to read and run.

I feel like you need a break from it all. Give yourself a nice week off refresh. Sometimes when it all gets a bit to much we forget to reassure ourselves and get self doubt in our abilities.

Forget about the aunt hairdresser, you know whats best for your clients and I feel like you know that too. You'll come back feeling super positive and refreshed in looking at how you'll grow your business and what things you can weed out. Look at how you can handle complaints etc and make it uniform for all your staff to understand. Sending positive vibes good luck xoxo

Just ask yourself, if the Aunt was such a great hairdresser, why isn’t she doing the clients hair...?

What do you mean by verbal abuse? Is she coming into the salon and shouting the odds or is it via text? Either way, I’d firmly remind the Auntie that harassment (in either form) is a criminal offence and if she continues, I’d be reporting the matter to the police. She’s not your client so has no right to be in the salon and you’re at liberty to ban her from the premises, if you wish to do so.

Just ask yourself, if the Aunt was such a great hairdresser, why isn’t she doing the clients hair...?

What do you mean by verbal abuse? Is she coming into the salon and shouting the odds or is it via text? Either way, I’d firmly remind the Auntie that harassment (in either form) is a criminal offence and if she continues, I’d be reporting the matter to the police. She’s not your client so has no right to be in the salon and you’re at liberty to ban her from the premises, if you wish to do so.
All via email. I have banned them both from the Facebook page as I was getting messages and pictures (of the smallest amount of breakage [emoji13]) up to 1am yesterday !

Exactly. She's done this to other salons, ishould have known as soon as I started she would be trouble x

Aww Redlottie13 I read a few of your post recently, I didn't want to read and run.

I feel like you need a break from it all. Give yourself a nice week off refresh. Sometimes when it all gets a bit to much we forget to reassure ourselves and get self doubt in our abilities.

Forget about the aunt hairdresser, you know whats best for your clients and I feel like you know that too. You'll come back feeling super positive and refreshed in looking at how you'll grow your business and what things you can weed out. Look at how you can handle complaints etc and make it uniform for all your staff to understand. Sending positive vibes good luck xoxo
Ah I know right, the bigger we are getting (and we are not big) the more hassle comes, I swear people just want to pull a fast one! Hopefully I can have some quiet now [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back