Mani or Pedi Quest

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, hope everyone has had a good day.

Just wanted to ask when doing a Mani/Pedi, and you have the hands/feet wrapped in a Mask/Mitts/Paraffin for 5/10/15/20mins. What do you then?

Do you leave your client in the treatment room and go off and do something else or someone else?

Do you do a free massage?

Chat?

When I do a facial with a mask on, I stay and massage them. Its abit more tricky when they are sat at a table.

thanks

At the point where my clients hands are wrapped in clingfilm and then inside mitts or booties, I gently press down on them every few minutes so they get an extra injection of warmth and I then take out a retail sales form and discuss which products they would find beneficial and write them a little prescription form, including their chosen polish, basecoat, top coat, hand cream, cuticle oil etc. Its a great way to get their attention about the products I've just used.

If its a repeat customer, I do the same thing or look at their last prescription and see if they need topping up! I can hang this out for a good 15 mins lol!!!

HTH
XXX

Thankyou for the idea, I am not retailing at the moment, so cant do that, would like to retail its just the running costs.

Please keep the ideas coming.

it depends on the client...if it's one i know really well i'll stay and chat but if it's just someone who booked i'll go clean up my stuff and have a little break...they usually read a magazine or have a little nap if they want to ;) ...most are so relaxed that they say they would like to just have the lights off and doze

When doing a pedicure and the client has a mask on I take the opertunity to change water in the foot bath and have a little clean up ready for when their feet come out.

Because I use creative spa pedicure stuff it takes a bit of cleaning to get all the grit out of the foot bath so so i find it is a good time to do it!

Thanks, for letting me know what you do. I am always trying to find something else to add into a treatment, this is some times to my cost, it is abit difficult at the mo, as I am only based out of the one room, but should shortly be moving into more space, so will then be able to leave a client for a min or two, should I wish.

thanks for any advice.

Do you feel that you should be giving to your client all the time, or is it okay just to let them read a mag, and not be pampered extra? (hope that makes sense)

Thankyou for the idea, I am not retailing at the moment, so cant do that, would like to retail its just the running costs.

Please keep the ideas coming.

You can always take an order and let them pick it up at the next visit if a regular client or post it out to them. You will be surprised how little somethings cost to post. Just this week I posted 2 mascaras, both with brushes for 44p. That way you do not have to carry stock.

In addition its a great way to stay in contact with clients. I will always call to check receipt and quite often take further bookings at the time of the call.

Hi, hope everyone has had a good day.

Just wanted to ask when doing a Mani/Pedi, and you have the hands/feet wrapped in a Mask/Mitts/Paraffin for 5/10/15/20mins. What do you then?

Do you leave your client in the treatment room and go off and do something else or someone else?

Do you do a free massage?

Chat?

When I do a facial with a mask on, I stay and massage them. Its abit more tricky when they are sat at a table.

thanks
You could pop a your aftercare leaflet or your top tips for the winter in front of them to read, while you use this time to tidy your area and tools, if your anything like me its a bonus, I'm such a mucky pupp lol or you could however talk your client through her/his aftercare, the latest trends or even retail items.

If you've talked till your blue in the face a beauty mag should do the trick :)

HTH

I tidy up and talk them to death or until they look bored stiff lol

If they are one of my regulars i will stay and talk if they would like me to .. but you can normally tell if a client prefers to relax or talk, so i judge for myself. Otherwise i say i'll let you relax in peace here for a little while, would you like a cup of tea or coffee ready for when you hands/feet come out. I let them know im just outside should they need me for any reason. This way i can have a little break or tidy up if need be and return to them with a lovely drink should they want one. x

Latest posts

Back