Mani/Pedi times VS Hourly Rate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
After thinking long and hard about something Geeg said awhile back about working out your prices according to how much you want to earn per hour, I'm trying to price my manicures/ pedicures accordingly.

I've done some research on the CND website and according to their step by steps the following take X amount of time:

Classic (Basic) Manicure (30 mins)
Solar Manicure (45 mins)
Creative Spa Manicure (1 hr)

Classic (Basic) Pedicure (40 mins)
Raw Earth Pedicure (1 hr)
Creative Spa Pedicure (1 hr)

Now these are Creative's recommended times. I would like your input if I may as to how long you all take for each of these treatments. Do you find you take longer than suggested? How do your prices reflect your time bearing in mind Geeg's comments?

Thanks.

What do each of these include? I'm NSI trained so can't really comment on what each is as not sure what they include lol!! But sound about right to me!! :)

After thinking long and hard about something Geeg said awhile back about working out your prices according to how much you want to earn per hour, I'm trying to price my manicures/ pedicures accordingly.

I've done some research on the CND website and according to their step by steps the following take X amount of time:

Classic (Basic) Manicure (30 mins)
Solar Manicure (45 mins)
Creative Spa Manicure (1 hr)

Classic (Basic) Pedicure (40 mins)
Raw Earth Pedicure (1 hr)
Creative Spa Pedicure (1 hr)

Now these are Creative's recommended times. I would like your input if I may as to how long you all take for each of these treatments. Do you find you take longer than suggested? How do your prices reflect your time bearing in mind Geeg's comments?

Thanks.

Here are my timings for each of the following

Basic Mani - 20mins
Solar Mani - 30mins
Spa Mani - 45mins

Basic Pedi - 30mins
Raw Earth - 60mins
Spa Pedi - 60mins.

These timings work fine for me.......It's all about working smarter not harder. I have all my client cards, products, tools, retail etc set up and ready for the day before my first client arrives. If you have to keep looking for things then you are losing time out of your day and inturn losing out on your potential earnings. Hths.
David

What do each of these include? I'm NSI trained so can't really comment on what each is as not sure what they include lol!! But sound about right to me!! :)

This is an outline of the procedures.

Simply Classic Manicure: For clients on the go. A 30 minute manicure to reshape the nails, clean up the cuticles and massage moisture into the hands.Finished with a fresh coat of enamel.

Solar Manicure: Intensive therapy for dry, parched hands. An exfoliating sweet almond and sea salt treatment which gently polishes skin, followed by a moisturising shea butter massage. Finished with a fresh coat of enamel. Can be used with or without heated mitts.

Creative Spa Manicure: Delux citrus 'facial for the hands' is the ultimate restorative treatment. An intense 2-step citric acid exfoliation (and paraffin dip) will rejeuvenate, deeply hydrate and help restore skin to a more youthful appearance. Topped off with an essential oil-infused Ceramide and vitamin hand and arm massage and a perfect polish of the nails. Skin is left radiant and glowing.

I'm surprised this thread didn't generate more responses. Maybe its the way I explain myself lol. Anyway incase anyone's interested what I was actually asking was how long you take for a basic, solar drench, and spa manicure (or luxury) and how much you charge.

Not nagging, just bumping up incase anyone fancies answering. :)

To be very honest here, my area reflects what i charge clients for my mani and pedi.

I do a basic manicure which is cuticle works, shape, massage, with a polish to finish and charge £15, but will charge extra for a french polish afterwards.

Or i do an intensive manicure which includes a warm oil treatment for really dry skin and hands, cuticle, shape and varnish, which i charge £18 for.

I also do just a shape and polish for £10 as well for people who are in a rush.

Pedicures, i charge £20 for which is the soak, massage, cutticles, shape and polish.

French is always exta and so is any nail art wanted. Hope this helps.

Classic (Basic) Manicure (30 mins) 45 min
Solar Manicure (45 mins) 1.15min
Creative Spa Manicure (1 hr) 1.45min

Classic (Basic) Pedicure (40 mins) 45 min
Raw Earth Pedicure (1 hr) 1.15hr
Creative Spa Pedicure (1 hr) 1 .45min

My times are in red.

I have tried working faster, but feel like I'm rushing then. I am very finicky when it comes to cuticle work and smoothing heels, so do take my time doing that.

Marlise

My times are as follows in blue and prices.

[Classic (Basic) Manicure (30 mins)30 min £18
Solar Manicure (45 mins)45 min £20
Creative Spa Manicure (1 hr)1hr 15min £25

Classic (Basic) Pedicure (40 mins)45min £20
Raw Earth Pedicure (1 hr)1hr £25
Creative Spa Pedicure (1 hr)1hr15min £30

Thanks.[/quote]
no wonder i dont get that many Wendy your cheaper and just down the road hun lol x

My timings are similar to Lucia's... give or take 5 minutes...

My timings are quite similar to Marlise.

Having said that my clients are "mobile phone mad" and it can be quite hard to get them to sit still (maybe the topic of another thread?).

I have been thinking of charging per hour but my salon is still quite new and I want to ensure satisfied clients at this time rather than being seen as money maker.

Eva

Latest posts

Back