Mani Q, Take A Look At This

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JERSEY JOCK

Reaction score
Hi all just got this e-mail thought some of you might be interested. Is this similar to the Tammy Taylor concept????????? I use mani q and think its great so will be giving this a go.:!:

You heard it here first! ....EXCITING NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!
Did you know that you can use regular polish with ManiQ!!!!! The possibilities are endless now. Here you go............
1. Apply mani•Q base, cure. 2. Apply mani•Q top, cure. Dry Brush. 3. Apply nail polish colour, cure. 4. Apply mani•Q top again, cure. Remove dispersion layer with mani•Q cleanser and apply Rose Oil...

It's not new and amazing it's just a copy of shellac basecoat! Lol

And top coat! And u can do this with shellac and colours! However if shellac hadn't have done it already it would be very exciting! X

Hi all just got this e-mail thought some of you might be interested. Is this similar to the Tammy Taylor concept????????? I use mani q and think its great so will be giving this a go.:!:

Did you know that you can use regular polish with ManiQ!!!!! The possibilities are endless now. Here you go............
1. Apply mani•Q base, cure. 2. Apply mani•Q top, cure. Dry Brush. 3. Apply nail polish colour, cure. 4. Apply mani•Q top again, cure. Remove dispersion layer with mani•Q cleanser and apply Rose Oil...

I saw Young Nails applying Mani Q clear mixed with nail polish at the Excel show in London, then curing it.

Is this what you mean on "No 3. Apply nail polish colour, cure".....or do you mean sandwiching polish between Mani Q

You can make your own polish gel using mani q clear gel that comes in a pot mixed with regular polish, this e-mail is refering to their new mani q colour range which comes in bottles and you use the base coat and top coat from this range with regular polish applied inbetween. :)

1. Apply mani•Q base, cure. 2. Apply mani•Q top, cure. Dry Brush. 3. Apply nail polish colour, cure. 4. Apply mani•Q top again, cure. Remove dispersion layer with mani•Q cleanser and apply Rose Oil...[/QUOTE]

These are Young Nails words on e-mail not mine.

I suppose people could try doing this with products like gelish and nsi pro polish?

I do think that when brands develop a system then it makes sense to stick to their recommendations for use.

These are Young Nails words on e-mail not mine.[/QUOTE]

So basically sandwiching any nail polish BETWEEN the basecoat and topcoats? Why would you need to apply base, THEN top and top again after the polish? It could be great for using up nail polishes though, especially if someone has a favourite colour that's not available in a gel comparison. Thanks for sharing with us hun xxxxx

No probs just thought some of you would be interested, going to try it out on myself will let you know how I get on, so my redundent polishes may now get used. :hug: Will also try with shellac :)

I knew you could mix with mani-q clear gel and mix with polish to a certain ration but never knew this. Thanks:)

And top coat! And u can do this with shellac and colours! However if shellac hadn't have done it already it would be very exciting! X

Oooh! Thanks for the info I didn't know you could do this with Shellac, I haven't seen it mentioned here before. Can't believe I missed it! :green:

No probs just thought some of you would be interested, going to try it out on myself will let you know how I get on, so my redundent polishes may now get used. :hug: Will also try with shellac :)

Ooh yes please, let us know if it works. I'm still confused by it applying the top STRAIGHT AFTER the base, before the polish???? or am I just being divvy?:eek: xx

Ooh yes please, let us know if it works. I'm still confused by it applying the top STRAIGHT AFTER the base, before the polish???? or am I just being divvy?:eek: xx
No I thought that was odd. Wonder why you cant just apply base then polish then topcoat, there must be a reason. X

I know Young Nails have been saying for a while that you can mix any colour with Mani-q, infact I have done it myself a few times and it works perfectly as long as you only mix enough for one hand at a time. It also lasts and wears as well as any gel polish on the market.

Serenity, I don't think you can sandwich polish with Shellac top and base??? As with all gel type basecoats you could put it on and then any polish and then an ordinary topcoat - correct me if I am wrong.

Mani-q clear soak off gel is a bit different.

However - Jersey are you saying you can sandwich polish (not mix polish & gel) inbetween Mani-q SOG base and top coats? If so I have never heard this, plus how long would you need to let the polish dry, surely the light can't dry it totally????? Is this done with UV or LED?

Sorry if I am being thick here.

All I know so far is what I have posted from the e-mail I got from Young Nails, as you can see it doesn't mention lamps, I'm going to follow these steps tomorrow using a UV lamp and if I run into any problems will call Young Nails, will keep you posted. :hug:

Last edited:
I might be wrong I'm sure Geeg said u can sandwich shellac top and base with ur own colour, not tried it yet! Didn't know u could mix with this new system, does that mean it's a gel or a hybrid polish? Like shellac? X

For mixing mani q clear gel and regular polish go to the young nails web-site full intructions there. :hug:

This all sounds very interesting....do let us know how you get on Jersey Jock.

hi, I tried putting opi nail polish between shellac base coat and shellac top coat and it has stayed on a week so far. The only thing i would say is that the normal polish seems to drag a bit when applying it on top of the base coat, but it turned out alright in the end.

ManiQ Colour is a thin coloured gel in a bottle which paints on like polish. There is no polish in it at all. :green:

Latest posts

Back