Mani Q, Take A Look At This

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have got to say this. I find it really distasteful for the top people in our industry, people who we are told we should respect and look up to, having a bash at eachother and picking posts to bits, sentence by sentence. Surely it would be better to PM the 'offender' and ask them either to modify their post or remove it.

It does no one any good and especially new and trainee techs on here to see distributors, educators etc picking at eachother's every comment. It is confusing and doesn't assist anyone in deciding which products to choose or try.:irked:

Totally agree.

Ok lets clear the air....

My original post was because it was claimed a brand was the ONLY one 100% gel. This is not true.

I was then asked to clarify re Gelish being a "hybrid"..this I did.

The question was then asked re LED. It was answered.

I was then accused of jumping on a particular brand and giving confusing stories to techs etc. This is NOT true.

Shellac IS a hybrid. The only one as far as I know.

Gelish IS a gel that applies like polish.

Polish and varnish are subjective words. Soak off gel..goes on like a polish are a NEW category.

Gel that goes on like a polish is not air cured like a traditional nail "varnish"

These are FACTS regardless of brand.

Some work, some don't, some are in between.

Because I am associated with a brand does NOT mean I will give out misinformation. I will only try to correct untrue "facts" which is exactly what Mum has done.

This is what Georgie said from Nail Harmony

"Re Gelish being another soak off gel, this is also incorrect. It has a degree of strength to it, more so than polish, but it too is a hybrid, or FUSION between Gel and Polish, you can smell the polish in it just as you can with Shellac (as I've seen mentioned here).
Why do you think Harmony called it Gelish!! :D

This is what Georgie said from Nail Harmony

"Re Gelish being another soak off gel, this is also incorrect. It has a degree of strength to it, more so than polish, but it too is a hybrid, or FUSION between Gel and Polish, you can smell the polish in it just as you can with Shellac (as I've seen mentioned here).
Why do you think Harmony called it Gelish!! :D

Thank you Salpep this is what I remembered being said when there was a big hoo haa about Shellac and Gelish and where I took my info from. Now we are being told different. I just couldn't find the quote myself last night.

Moosebat, it wasn't so much what was being said, but unfortunately, the way it was being said.

You know when you get to my age and hormonal status in life you begin to think you are losing your mind with so much mixed info coming from those who should know.

I have said before, and I really want to be clear on this so that there are no misunderstandings. I don't give a rat's whatsit if a product is a gel only or mixed with polish or strengthener or pigment. As long as it is safe and it does what it says on the tin I just couldn't care less! I have no financial gain to be made with any brand and will support any product that I think is good quality and value and have done actively in the past with various products. :green:

Couldn't be clearer Sheila. :hug:

Let me explain..............
ManiQ is a TRUE GEL!!!!! Full Stop.

When we first received our long awaited ManiQ I personally asked Habib Salo 'in lament terms' explain the difference? Why is ManiQ different?

ManiQ contains zero polish...

Young Nails identified that 'some' gel polishes were prone to thickening...sticking to the brush....hard to work with etc etc.
As far as YN Inc were concerned gel/polishes and hybrids were already out there on the market and a great job they have done so too.
I, personally, have always, ALWAYS said how shellac has had a great marketing campaign and has led the way for an industry that needed change inline with the current climate.
However, Young Nails then created a product that is 100% gel and is not a copy of any other product!

Here's the thing.................
I took a card and placed a dollop of regular (well known brand) polish onto it.
I placed a dollop of a well know (advertised gel/polish) right next to it
I placed a dollop of ManiQ right next to that and put the card onto the bookcase overnight
2 days later.......
The polish had set hard
The Gel/Polish was extremely sticky, no movement but did leave colour pigment on my finger
The ManiQ ..... exactly the same as when I first laid it onto the card.
(isn't that a sign of a true gel?.....wont set unless exposed to UV light)

You all know that gel will not 'air dry' or naturally thicken when exposed to the atmosphere....
however Polish will and a product that contains majority polish will thicken and set also

I have a well know 'gel/polish' sitting on my desk at work right now and every so often I used a woodstick to scoop out the hard set gel/polish that has discoloured and hardened within the bottle.

I am not on this site to create a debate....purely to answer questions regarding Young Nails and our the YN product range.
I love my brand....just as you all do.
Ask me to point out the differences and I will.
L :)

Last edited:
Let me explain..............
ManiQ is a TRUE GEL!!!!! Full Stop.

When we first received our long awaited ManiQ I personally asked Habib Salo 'in lament terms' explain the difference? Why is ManiQ different?

ManiQ contains zero polish...

Young Nails identified that 'some' gel polishes were prone to thickening...sticking to the brush....hard to work with etc etc.
As far as YN Inc were concerned gel/polishes and hybrids were already out there on the market and a great job they have done so too.
I, personally, have always, ALWAYS said how shellac has had a great marketing campaign and has led the way for an industry that needed change inline with the current climate.
However, Young Nails then created a product that is 100% gel and is not a copy of any other product!

Here's the thing.................
I took a card and placed a dollop of regular (well known brand) polish onto it.
I placed a dollop of a well know (advertised gel/polish) right next to it
I placed a dollop of ManiQ right next to that and put the card onto the bookcase overnight
2 days later.......
The polish had set hard
The Gel/Polish was extremely sticky, no movement but did leave colour pigment on my finger
The ManiQ ..... exactly the same as when I first laid it onto the card.
(isn't that a sign of a true gel?.....wont set unless exposed to UV light)

You all know that gel will not 'air dry' or naturally thicken when exposed to the atmosphere....
however Polish will and a product that contains majority polish will thicken and set also

I have a well know 'gel/polish' sitting on my desk at work right now and every so often I used a woodstick to scoop out the hard set gel/polish that has discoloured and hardened within the bottle.

I am not on this site to create a debate....purely to answer questions regarding Young Nails and our the YN product range.
I love my brand....just as you all do.
Ask me to point out the differences and I will.
L :)

Well here's the thing: this new category of product is fantastic! Of those that I've tried they all work brilliantly (they do what 'it says on the tin')

I happen to believe that a real understanding of all products is important to the nail professional. From a client point of view it's the results that matter and they all seem to deliver but with variations in application technique (and skill of technician)

As a comment on curing: daylight has a % of UV light in it. Gel will cure in relatively quickly in sunlight but will eventually cure in daylight. Your 'dollops' will eventually cure but oxygen will always inhibit surface curing.

I'm not sure the relevance of the importance of a 'true gel' in this instance other than technician understanding. It's the results that are important. With understanding and skill they all work really well.

Many of the gel polishes are a patented formula. My understanding is that (other than Shellac) it is the percentages of ingredients that make them patentable. It has nothing to do with traditional polish (i.e solvents used for drying and cellulose). I have asked for clarification again and if my understanding is wrong I will be happy to admit that but what I have said so far is based on information provided.

They all work well; choice of brand is personal; understanding seems to be optional. I like to help with factual understanding to help with personal choice.

Well said Mum, totaly unbiased and factuall as ever
:hug:

Phew, I started a right old debate here didn't I ................. Now lets get back on track to the original starting thread, done as per instructed following e-mail instructions and all went well on one of my friends tonight........... will let you know the results. The only thing I found though as now I'm so used to applying shellac or mani q colour system I was applying the regular nail polish far too thin will have to remember to apply a bit thicker next time to get a good coverage. So lets wait and see if my friend is happy, she tests all new things for me so I'll get a good opinion, if I have time tomorrow will also apply to my own nails.............:Love::Love::Love:

Yes, let us know x

Phew, I started a right old debate here didn't I ................. Now lets get back on track to the original starting thread, done as per instructed following e-mail instructions and all went well on one of my friends tonight........... will let you know the results. The only thing I found though as now I'm so used to applying shellac or mani q colour system I was applying the regular nail polish far too thin will have to remember to apply a bit thicker next time to get a good coverage. So lets wait and see if my friend is happy, she tests all new things for me so I'll get a good opinion, if I have time tomorrow will also apply to my own nails.............:Love::Love::Love:

Great, look forward to hearing the results.x

Thankyou for taking the time to experiment for us. Very interested to hear the results:hug: xx

Originally Posted by shedunlop
I really have got to say this. I find it really distasteful for the top people in our industry, people who we are told we should respect and look up to, having a bash at eachother and picking posts to bits, sentence by sentence. Surely it would be better to PM the 'offender' and ask them either to modify their post or remove it.

It does no one any good and especially new and trainee techs on here to see distributors, educators etc picking at eachother's every comment. It is confusing and doesn't assist anyone in deciding which products to choose or try.
Yes, I agree hun that it did (unfortunately) have to be said. Poor old Lisa from Young Nails gets sooo much stick every time she posts on here that I'm surprised she still bothers to even log on!! I for one am very grateful for any help and advice offered on here regardless of which brand people belong to or which product came out first etc etc xx

"Waffle "less of the old for Lisa !! she is young and fabulous and a true pleasure and privaldge to know. Genuine hardworking caring person xx but i truly get your post , sadly opions shared by many xx big shame thou x:Love:

Yes, I agree hun that it did (unfortunately) have to be said. Poor old Lisa from Young Nails gets sooo much stick every time she posts on here that I'm surprised she still bothers to even log on!! I for one am very grateful for any help and advice offered on here regardless of which brand people belong to or which product came out first etc etc xx

very good point xx less of the old she is "young u know " !

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back