manicure and psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina 1

Reaction score
Morming all

I am currently at college studying nvq 2 in beauty, we are doing contra-indications for manicures and how they can restrict a treatment but i cant think for the life of me in what way psoriasis would restrict treatment (think its a blonde moment:lol:) would be very great for a nudge in the right direction cant cope with another sleepless night :eek:

many thanks

it would restrict because creams can aggrevate psoriasis, it can also prevent
treatment, if scratched the and the scale like waxy cells are removed, bleeding can occur and then a secondary infection could occur. on the nails
psorasis can cause nail seperation and pitting on the nail. hth

Yes it can be a contra indication the nail can come away from the plate, not very nice if it came off in your hand! But the manicure can be adapted if the therapist considers it safe to do so and in some cases soothing treatments, paraffin wax, warm oil would be soothing. If you need more help just drop me a line. Good luck

Thanks guys

after reading both replies it all seems pretty obvious, god im such a div:irked: its deffinetly a blonde moment.

Thanks again for your help:)

You've received excellent advice from colleagues within the industry. It is also very important that as a therapist you are not qualified to diagnose conditions, so never mention exact conditions to clients unless they can confirm that they have visited their GP and had a diagnosis. By informing clients that their treatment cannot go ahead also helps to promote your professionalism and encourages clients because you take this issue very seriously. Hope that you enjoy your course and become a credit to the industry!!

Latest posts

Back