Manicure concepts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
HowdA all...

I'm putting together a concept for a chain of salons for a quick manicure. While I was in San Diego last week, I got some great ideas from some of the Russian girls that were there.

My Q to you is... For a 20-30 minute manicure... what do you guys do?
Whats something a lil diff and funky that u wanna share?

Cheers

Hi Sam,

I favour the waterless manicure. When I do a basic manicure I do the following steps:

1. Sanitise
2. Apply cuticle cream and cuticle oil and massage in
3. Apply a hand oil and place hands in warm mitts for 5 mins
4. hand and arm massage with lotion
5. Cuticle work
6. Dehydrate nails and apply treatment basecoat.

This I can do in 30 mins - the varnishing is what takes a little longer.

Manicure Waterless
Almond oil mix, add a few drops of Lavender oil, Camomile and Tea tree.

First make sure they dont have a nut allergy. Important!!!! If they do use peach oil. This is ok for preggie ladies too.
1. Sanitise your hands and their hands (obviously lol)
2. Shape nails
3. Apply the oil and place hand in plastic bag and then that in a mitten
4. Repeat on other hand
5. Back to hand one
6. Cuticle work ( the oil will have softend them up nicely)
7. Wipe of debrise :D (couldn't think of a better phrase)
8. Repeat on next hand
9. Massage nailplates to work in the last of the oil
10. Squeek nail (cotton pad with sanitiser)
11. Base coat and varnish and top coat

We do this most of the time, as City Ladies and Gents dont have much time. So they tell us ........ All can be done in 30 minutes. Trust me I am a Nail Tech (Catchphrase) :rofl:
Love Ruth :rofl:
Natural Nail Manicure
hpw18.jpg

Of course being that you are to master geek and all you may already know this however I thought it was a neat idea. I learned it in a Tammy Taylor class.

Take a thick disposable table towel of choice and pre-roll a bunch of these for your manicure services. For insance, put a file, cuticle pusher, cotton/lint free pads, manicure scrub brush, and any other tools you would need.

Now this is my idea, you could even put a neat little suprise inside the roll, like for valentines put candy, at x-mas put a free bottle of blended oil, etc. You could even store them in a neat little basket and make it fun like have the customer chose their own roll. That way they are getting to pick their own surprise! You can make it look pretty with a ribbon or just fasten it however you want, whatever strikes your fancy. I use the center of forms.

Not only does this make it fun and save time, you are also impressing the customer with all new implements and a sanitary environment. When you have everyhting already rolled up ready to go, you could do a manicure in 30 minutes easy! As long my mom was not the customer, she takes forever to decide what color polish to wear! So, in that case you would need those polish wheels to help make her decision! lol!

;o)

Hope you like my ideas!

Leigh Ann

Love the idea...

Here is something that I put together for a chain of Salons here (though I can't take full credit for it as it was some Russians I knicked the idea from)

Here goes:

The SolarDrench Manicure – 30 minutes

Prep - 7 minutes
  • CoolBlue hands
  • Remove Enamel
  • Shape free edge
Cuticles – 5 minutes
  • Apply Cuticle Remover and remove cuticle
  • Rinse Cuticle Remover
  • Apply SolarBalm and Cuticle Eraser
  • Buff with Koala 1200 grit
Massage – 8 minutes
  • Wash hands with SolarManicure
  • Hand massage with SolarButter
Enamel – 10 minutes
  • Cleanse plate with ScrubFresh
  • Apply Enamel

Allrightallright... it's a bit Solar rich... but that was the Idea...
Combind that whith Leigh annes custom wrap and wala... your sorted...
Excellent way to tier price your menu.

Whatchall think?

Toodles

Love it! I am also a Solar Nut!! Nutty for nails! Sometimes you feel like a nut... ok, I'll hush.... :D

Hellooo

Can you use the Solar products on client's with nut allergies bearing in mind they contain almond oil?

Adele

Can you use the Solar products on client's with nut allergies
Generally yes... But always follow a physicians advice.
The reason why is becaue your talking topical vs. internal. Most people with nut allergies do not react by touching a nut... just when they take it internally.
Whatever they do... do not drink it!

I have spoken to Schoon about this before in the past... Ill email him and see what he has to say again.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back