manicure evenings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi there,

I haven,t started that long ago renting a place as a nailtech.
I have big plans on renting my own salon where i can work to my full capacity and offer facials and body treatments aswell.
The problem is that i have very few customers since i have only been living in Sweden for 2 years and don,t know anybody here to help me out a bit with networking.
So i thought to tell my customers to bring their friends along for an evening in which i would introduce products and demonstrate them and put them in a kit that they can buy + do advertising for my treatments.
Have any of you done this? If so do you have any tips or ideas that you could share with me? I would appreciate it a lot!!!

Hi,
yes I have done this in my salon, we found they were busy with people wanting freebies, etc. so we now charge the clients £5 for a 15 minute taster session of various different treatments. Our taster evening sell out in days. :lol:

Hi,
yes I have done this in my salon, we found they were busy with people wanting freebies, etc. so we now charge the clients £5 for a 15 minute taster session of various different treatments. Our taster evening sell out in days. :lol:[/quot

So you basically charge 5 pounds for 15 min. different treaments per person?
It,s a good idea to avoid people wanting freebies :wink2:.
I would like to continue this when i have my own salon but evenings to learn them a few things about nailcare and nailart techniques that they can do themselves, and when they want to attend they have to purchase a small kit where the necesarry products are allready in. Now i sadly enough don,t have the space to do this since i would need them to sit in pairs on tables.

Hi, Can you tell me what do you actually do in those 15mins?

Is it along the lines of a File/Cuticle Work and a Mini Massage?

would you do a Facial as a Cleanse/Tone Massage and Moisturise?

Lots of Questions here.

Do you pre-sell tickets and give every client a 15min slot, or fit them in as they arrive?

If you could give me any ideas, that would be great.

thanks girls

Beautyandme, I'm also interested to learn more about this...do people attend for the whole evening, with nibbles and some sort of entertainment, or just turn up for their 15 min slot? This sounds like a great way of introducting new services to existing clients, and also getting new clients to try our services.

Latest posts

Back