Manicure knowledge exam revision tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefm80

Reaction score
I have my manicure knowledge written exam (Vtct) in 4 weeks and I was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice on what I should be reading up on. I know it’s a long shot but any advice would be awesome.

Is it still multiple choice?

Speak to your tutor as she/he should be advising and preparing you for the exam, although even they won't know exactly what questions will be on your exam paper. I know it sounds obvious, but you really do need to revise everything you've been taught. Labelling diagrams is usually worth more marks so definitely revise those! Layers of the skin, bones of the hand (and foot if you're doing pedicure too), labelling the structure of the nail.

Agree, work on memorising the diagrams because they will feature in every unit you take in your VTCT, a word of warning though... usually in the knowledge test the diagram is different to the one you are given in the learning material and often it’s more ambiguous to figure out. Read all support material twice over and take time to go through the learning outcomes listed in each unit because they will steer you in the right direction. And learn your bone structure! [emoji1360]

The vtct exams are so easy! Memorise your structure of the nail pictures, characteristics of contraindications and how to spot them, bone structure pictures

Thanks everyone. Had a chat with the tutor. All A&P is covered in the A&P exams but that's not to say that they aren't in the knowledge exams. I have a better idea as to what I need to study for now...basically everything! I'm probably worrying more than what I need to.

Thanks everyone. Had a chat with the tutor. All A&P is covered in the A&P exams but that's not to say that they aren't in the knowledge exams. I have a better idea as to what I need to study for now...basically everything! I'm probably worrying more than what I need to.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well x

Latest posts

Back