Manicure & Pedicure course after Acrylic training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YvonneW2011

Reaction score
Hi all, I really hope you can help me. I'm qualified in Acrylic nails and offer this as a mobile service. I'm really interested in starting princess pamper parties as an extra to my business, ie paint nails, toes, offer glitter tattoos etc. The problem is, I don't have a basic mani/pedi qualification, I went straight on the do my Acrylic training. I was wondering if anybody knew if I would have to do a mani/pedi course first before I even start to think about offering this service. I can't get through to my insurance as my phone line is down at the moment so I can't ask them. Any help much appreciated x

Surley you would have covered mani in your acrylic training? Who did you train with, give them a call. You would need them if you havnt got them for insurance purposes. X

Surley you would have covered mani in your acrylic training? Who did you train with, give them a call. You would need them if you havnt got them for insurance purposes. X
Yes we did. I just wasn't sure if I would have to a separate course. It's so frustrating as I can't get through to my insurers at the moment to ask them. Thanks for the reply x

You would have to have a cert for the pedicures, check your certificate for acrylics to see if it states manicures? Keep trying your insurers they will be able to answer your query. :)

Just got a hold of my insurers, they said as I had covered mani and pedi in both my Acrylic nails and Hollywood toes course that I'm insured. Can anyone tell me if they think it would be worth doing the course anyway. I feel as though I have missed out on something if that makes sense x

Hi,

I did acrylic and gel and like you though i'm covered i felt i was missing something so am now doing manicure and pedicure courses. I feel more equipped, and am learning new things like parafin wax, arm and hand, leg and foot massage.

Even though its not had a bearing on my confidence in nail extensions i feel more self assured that i can start to offer luxury mani's and pedi's

Id recommend a course, i think you will always learn something new - but thats just my humble opinion x

Hi,

I did acrylic and gel and like you though i'm covered i felt i was missing something so am now doing manicure and pedicure courses. I feel more equipped, and am learning new things like parafin wax, arm and hand, leg and foot massage.

Even though its not had a bearing on my confidence in nail extensions i feel more self assured that i can start to offer luxury mani's and pedi's

Id recommend a course, i think you will always learn something new - but thats just my humble opinion x
Thanks hun. I'm defo gonnie book a mani/pedi course, think I would feel better plus it's an extra service incase anyone asks :D x

I did my manicure training with CND (Creative Nail Design) and they are brilliant. The training is first class and I can't recommend them highly enough. See the attached link for further information Global Education Programme

Latest posts

Back