Manicure/pedicure training in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearlypiglet

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Happy Wednesday!

I have had a search through previous threads and unfortunately the relevant posts date back to 2014 as the most recent, so apologies in advance for the somewhat rudimentary question, but I haven't been able to find anything relevant and recent to go off.

I would like to undertake a manicure/pedicure course, and am based in London. I've done so much Googling I feel like I'm going slightly mad! My assessment of the situation as it stands is:

- Sweet Squared and the CND system are by far the best way to go, but Sweet Squared don't offer a mani-pedi course (the most "beginner" things they offer are a Shellac course, which you need a mani-pedi certificate to enter, and then L+P and Gel systems which I wouldn't feel comfortable doing without a more basic certificate, even if I were allowed to attend).

- Salon Services offer mani-pedi courses but don't have centres in London offering this.

- There are a variety of online-learning courses that send you a hand and have you watch videos and submit coursework via the internet. These seem icky and not a good way to learn (please correct me if I'm wrong?)

- There are a variety of other schools with availability in London (e.g. Next Step Beauty and Nails and Beauty Academy) offering huge nail training packages at ridiculously low prices. This coupled with garish websites has me doubting the legitimacy and standards of these places. Any advice is greatly appreciated...

Can anyone recommend a nice manicure/pedicure course, in London, that is a genuinely nice place to start? I'm not bothered about getting ALL OF TEH THINGZZZ for the low-low price of £149.99. I'd rather train incrementally and with quality.

Thanks so much in advance,
Grace xo

Have you looked at nail harmony courses?
They have won lots of awards for their training.
I'd definitely recommend them. Reasonably priced, Very informative, the help is ongoing and the products are a dream to work with.

Worth a look. xx
http://www.nailtraininguk.com

Hi cheekychick I live in the northwest and can never find any courses up here they always seem to be down south. Have you been on there courses and if so where?
Emma :) x

Have you looked at nail harmony courses?
They have won lots of awards for their training.
I'd definitely recommend them. Reasonably priced, Very informative, the help is ongoing and the products are a dream to work with.

Worth a look. xx
http://www.nailtraininguk.com

Hi Cheekychick,

Thanks so much for posting that. I had not found that course actually, so that was massively helpful. It also looks like there are a couple of train stations close enough to be able to get access to the place from London.

Did you train there? I have never heard of "All That Jazz" as a range, but would love opinions on it!

Thanks again,
Grace xo

Yes I trained with them. I felt ready to go out and offer treatments straight away after completing my mani & pedi course. Could not recommend them enough.

Omg you need to try the mani/pedi products! [emoji7] the chocolate orange smells amazing. My clients love it in the winter. Then in the summer I use their apple & cucumber range.
I could go on all day lol.
x

Hi cheekychick I live in the northwest and can never find any courses up here they always seem to be down south. Have you been on there courses and if so where?
Emma :) x

Hi, Check out the link I posted above. They have educators all over. :) x

Yes I trained with them. I felt ready to go out and offer treatments straight away after completing my mani & pedi course. Could not recommend them enough.

Omg you need to try the mani/pedi products! [emoji7] the chocolate orange smells amazing. My clients love it in the winter. Then in the summer I use their apple & cucumber range.
I could go on all day lol.
x

Thanks so much, those smells sound lush! :D

I've sent them an email as I can't seem to find a mani-pedi course in London, let's see what they say!

Thanks again ever so.
Grace xo

Thanks so much, those smells sound lush! :D

I've sent them an email as I can't seem to find a mani-pedi course in London, let's see what they say!

Thanks again ever so.
Grace xo

No problem x

Latest posts

Back