Manicure/pedicure whilst client laid on couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andie

Reaction score
Hi All
Do any of you give Mani/Pedi whilst your client lays down on couch? I had this yesterday, it was very relaxing and wanted to know if this was common? Any routines out there?
Thanks

We dont do manicures on the bed but always do pedicures on the bed! Theres nothing worse than a client feeling uncomfortable resting their leg on your knee.
:)

For manicures on the bed I would only do this if it was a quick file and polish while their face mask is on.
For pedicures I quite often do this on the bed if I'm not soaking the feet. Especially for my older ladies.

I am in the US I have had them on the bed when 3 techs were working on hands feet and facial , I had two techs I worked for do waterless pedicures on the bed but the best one I had was in a lazy boy lounge chair which was really comfortable.

Thanks everyone. I must say I found it extremely relaxing.

Bed for manicure and pedicure is awesome. Get them to pick polish colours then get them to lay on bed with towel over their eyes. To save bowl related faff I use warm wet spa mitts where needed. Always did mani and pedi like this when working in a spa because it was less faff.

Does anybody still do foot soaking with clients laid on a bed?
I have done it with clients sat half upright and have their knees bent with their feet in the bowl, but I worry this could hurt hips or be uncomfortable? Any other suggestions welcome, :)
Laurakate did you skip soaking altogether and just use warm wet mitts? Could you still use foot file that way? :)

I do pedis on the bed, but to start, the client sits on side of the bed, legs dangling over, and I put the pedi bowl on a small stool. It's just the right height for a comfortable foot soak, then I use the foot file and scrub and lay them back down in a semi position, not flat.

That sounds like a good way to do it. I just want my client to be as comfortable as possible and get the most out of treatments, :)

Latest posts

Back