Manicure/pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutfree3766

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a Holistic Therapist who works self employed in two salons and would like to add more strings to my bow.

I'm looking into doing a manicure and pedicure course (VTCT accredited) and I would like to start getting some materials.

I have decided to use OPI as a polish as I love the colours and the one salon uses them and the other would be happy for me to use them and I would like to use Kaeso as I know I'm not allergic to any of the products.

1) where is the cheapest place to buy OPI polish?

2) which tools would I need to complete a manicure and pedicure?

I would just like to get a head start on buying these items really so it's not one huge expense in one go.

Your college may have a list of tools they wish you to buy...usually can get a starter kit wth the whole lot.
Often taught different methods in college that are not used much in salon eg buffing cream and leather chamois to buff,but I still had to buy them as they were part of the learning.
Since finishing iv added to my collection with tools that therapists use in salons-which are not necessarily used in college.
You can get a range of OPI colours in sallys too

Thanks very much! I don't have a clue about these things lol

Thanks very much! I don't have a clue about these things lol

So confusing when starting out but it'll all come together!
Ur mani and pedi tools are usually the same other than the actual products used.also with pedicures you also use a foot bath

If you are Holistic rooted take a look at Spa Ritual pedicure and polishes. Xxx

Thank you, yes it does seem a little confusing but like you say it'll make sense soon enough :)

I will look into that, thank you.

Latest posts

Back