Manicure soak bowls - still used?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortshadylady

Reaction score
Hello again all

Ok, since qualifying in Level 2 Beauty therapy, the ONLY treatment I have provided is Shellac (I have trained in this too). Now, when I was training in manicure at college, we did the whole 'file, apply cuticle cream, soak in a wee bowl, cuticle work, polish etc etc' routine. Since training in Shellac however, my cuticle massage cream, nail buffer and little soak bowl have been redundant as I only ever use Cuticle Away and never soak.

What I wanted to ask was whether or not anyone still uses the method I was taught at college for regular (non Shellac) manicures? Does anyone still soak with cuticle massage cream? Does anyone still using a buffing cream and one of those 'chamois leather' type buffers? I want to also be able to offer regular manicures rather than just Shellac (although I LOVE Shellac and think everyone should have it!!) and I want to ensure that I'm using the most current methods and products.

I do know that there is a CND course for pedicures using CND products. Is there a similar one for regular manicures? I shall definitely be booking on the pedicure course ASAP. I would dearly like my salon to be completely CND branded for nails, hands and feet.

Thank you all in advance for any advice and please excuse my ignorance!! x

Forgot to mention that I am absolutely sure that I read a post somewhere on here stating that 'soaking' is rather old fashioned and not ideal prior to cuticle work, filing etc as it leaves the nail vulnerable. Please do correct me if I'm wrong!!

We don't at my salon, just used cuticle away x

I'm on my CND course at the moment and we were taught the procedure with soaking for just a few minutes though in the almond milk bath. We were also taught to do the filing before the soaking.

Excellent, thank you both! I shall definitely have to peruse the CND courses at S2 and 'refresh' myself. Thank you again x

Latest posts

Back