Manicure table light??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm wondering what lamp to buy I got a small led lamp from ikea not finding it gives enough light and shadows get in way . I've seen a slim line one it's long and sits on table if you know what I mean:) would this be better ? Xx

I've got a daylight one from Maplins, it has a magnifyer that you can close off if you don't want it. I think it cost about £25. I really like the light it gives out and it doesn't get hot.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new lamp and have spotted that one in Argos - you'd recommend it? My ikea one is on its way out, is the Argos one bright enough?

Well it's very small and only gives off enough light to light up the nails if you know what I mean.

I like that it's so teeny and small and I don't use it on the table all the time, only when I need extra light and it's perfect for me.

I'm sure my smile lines have improved since I got it! ;)

Yes I have the same lamp from Argos in silver I find it brill has lasted me great and is good and bright!

Do any of you find that your lights start to cure shellac or gelish? I swear my current lamp does so I'm looking for a new one. Mines rather bulky anyway so need a smaller one.

There was a discussion on here before where some people said that the heat from led lamps could start to cure gels etc.

I use a daylight lamp and have not ever noticed a problem.

Mind you considering led lamps are now the norm to cure gels and acrylic sets faster in hot conditions it would make sense wouldn't it. Xx

There was a discussion on here before where some people said that the heat from led lamps could start to cure gels etc.

I use a daylight lamp and have not ever noticed a problem.

Mind you considering led lamps are now the norm to cure gels and acrylic sets faster in hot conditions it would make sense wouldn't it. Xx

Where did you get your lamp?

Do any of you find that your lights start to cure shellac or gelish? I swear my current lamp does so I'm looking for a new one. Mines rather bulky anyway so need a smaller one.

I find my ikea lamp cures my polish which is annoying, it ruined my top coat in the bottle so i have currently stopped using it.

Are daylight bulbs ok to use?
Obviously uv and led bulbs will cure polish or gel polish, so is daylight alright?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I use a head torch, my clients think it looks a bit funny at first but it's perfect for me, I can tilt it to were I want, it doesn't take any room up on the table and gives me the perfect amount of light just were I need it :)

I had the same problem and got a slim daylight light from Ellisons it was bit more than I wanted to spend but you gotta see what your doing!! mine was about £45 I can't find it on their website but it's in the directory! White and slim and fits in my beauty trolley and hasn't seem to have cured my gel polishes at all!

I got a one from Asda... I think its supposed to be an office desk type. The light is very effective. The neck is bendy so it can be adjusted very easily to how or however high I want it... Only cost £9 & been great for the past 3 / 4 years....

Latest posts

Back