Manicure table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am liking the look of the ikea one, im panicking as i've got some nails to do on saturday and only thought yesterday to check if she had a table (im only just starting out and doing family and friends)

Is the ikea one tall enough? It looks kind of the height of a coffee table? Do the legs just screw in and out when u get there?

Also, i have some folding chairs but these are to go with a garden set, they are nice, but is that TOO unprofessional?

I've still not got myself a manicure table, I have improvised on the occasions I've needed to do nails and have used different chairs and tables but the height of the table you need depends on the height of your chairs.

To work out if the table will be the correct height you need to sit on the chair you hope to use then measure from the floor to the height you feel your hands and arms will be comfortable resting on the table top. Also you don't want to be stretching accross a table that is too wide, you and your client need to be able to sit slightly under the table and to be able to hold hands without leaning forward.

If you get a table of the wrong width then you need to make the client lean rather than you lean as your more likely to physically suffer from repeaedly leaning for all your appointmnets than they are from leaning once every now and again for their appointments.

I usually manage to improvise as I'm only doing family and friends at the mo so they come to my house and I work on the corner of my kitchen table, but iv got a friend of a friend on Saturday morning and only checked if she had a table yesterday and she hasn't so now I'm in a flap to buy one before sat PM and I'm at college all day thurs and Friday.

I think it will be a folding table from halfords or maybe one from ikea, they have stools in halfords reduced for a fiver to £2.49 so I might try these out for a quick fix.

If only an ironing board looked more professional.....

Ikea have a decent one we use in my old shop les than 100 x

Ive got the ikea one, its lovley

do you miss not having a drawer with it, was thinking of getting it, it looks really nice. Think I'll buy some type of trolley/case to put all my bits in..

Latest posts

Back