Manicure....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley-Anne

Reaction score
Would you after soaking a clients hand for manicure always exfoliate?

I was taught just to soak and massage using cream doing efflerage and petrfalage...is this correct?

I have a client who is expecting exfoliation, which i can do but i would normally only do this on feet as it seems a bit too abrasive on the hand.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Certainly in the past a 'normal' manicure is as you describe.

Today since the category of luxury manicures hit the spotlight with SpaManicure - these type of services generally are more luxurious and include more of a facial treatment for the skin as well as the nails.

SpaManicure products are on another level, and the products for exfoliation etc are not harsh or abrasive but produced for just this hand facial - I would be reluctant to use a foot exfoliator on the hands. Certainly SpaPedicure products would be too harsh if used in this way.

Just as a tack on to Gigi's post...

Foot exfoliation stuff generally tends to be far more abrasive and aggressive as it has some pretty serious work to accomplish on the bottom of the flappers.

Manicure products are far gentler and have different functions (more rehydration through AHA's and less physical exfoliation)

Its not the technique of Effleurage, Petrissage, or Friction... rather the abrasiveness of the exfoliation creams you are using.
I would strongly discourage using foot scrubs on hands. Some foot scrubs will contain products that could actually slice the thin skin on the underside of the arm (i.e. ground up walnut shells). :shock:

And that.... would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back